Looking for a solution

General BVS related area
Friend

Looking for a solution

Postby Friend » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:40 am

I own few electric assisted rickshaws. The engines I use on them are crystalite hub engines. Unfortunately some of them broke down.

Could anyone recommend me someone who can help me with the repair of these engines and its controllers?

Any advice is most appreciated.

Friend

MalcolmB

Postby MalcolmB » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:32 am

Hi

Probably the best place to find information about the Crystallite motors and controllers is on the Endless Sphere site. If you take a look at the sticky threads here, for example: http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=2

Just out of curiosity, are you based in the UK?

Friend

Thanks

Postby Friend » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:43 am

Thanks mate,

I found the thread very usefull. I am still looking for someone who can repair those engines for me... I hope someone be able to help...

MalcolmB

Postby MalcolmB » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:18 am

Is it actually the motors that are broken? They're pretty tough units from what I've heard. Usually it's the electronic controllers that go, and these can be replaced. Unless it's a simple problem it's often uneconomical to repair the controllers because of the time it takes to repair them.

One of the members here (PHEV) has a lot of experience with the Crystallite systems and might be able to give you more advice when he drops in.

Friend

Postby Friend » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:20 am

Malcolm,

Mainly the problem is the sencors. I assume its easy to replace them but I dont know where to look for sencors in the UK! And sometimes the copper can get defaults!

With the last engines, I have problem with their magnets, somehow the magnets are faulty. Obviously sometimes the controler breaks down as well.

I have an option to send them back to China for repair but this is not very feasable because of the time involved and also you cant rely on them. In the past I sent them some engines and the engines came back still not working... I am just trying to find a contact who I can esatblish a long term business relationship who can look after my engines.

MalcolmB

Postby MalcolmB » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:33 am

I'd recommend sending a private message to Steve. You can find him by doing a search for posts my member PHEV. He's a nice bloke and if he can't help you himself he may be able to put you in touch with someone who can.

Cheers
Malcolm

Friend

Postby Friend » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:10 am

Thanks Malcolm, I shell do that...

In the mean time if anyone has an idea how I can find a solution to this problem please let me know. Your help will be much appreciated.

Friend

qdos

Postby qdos » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:57 pm

Steve's website is www.jozzbikes.co.uk Well worth giving him a call I think he may be up in London at the weekend too

PHEV

Postby PHEV » Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:33 am

Hi guys,
I'll have a look in the lucky bag and see if I have any sensors knocking around tomorrow.
If not, then Farnell and RS components both stock them I believe.

How many do you need?

Steve
*Mazda MX-5, 300KW peak, 300v 20KW/h lipo pack, Soliton 1000A controller. 1100KG.
*Ducati SS twin Agni 80HP peak.
*Aprilia RS motorcycle, 500A controller, Cedric's AgniMotor, 96v 6kw/h LiPo pack, 130kg, 90mph.
www.jozztek.com

Friend

Postby Friend » Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:45 am

Thank you very much guys... You all have been very helpfull. Great community...I am already feeling proud of being part of it:)

I will give you ring Steve.

You take care yourself guys

Friend

Return to “General”