Electric load trikes

Do you own or use or want to build a assisted bike then here is the place for you.
Badger

Electric load trikes

Postby Badger » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:21 pm

These are awesome trikes but come in at about the price of a car! esp if you go for the more powerfull motor option (which will get you and half a ton up any of the hills around here).anyway look and decide for yourself they are based in bath and ship around the world..
http://www.cyclesmaximus.com/

Badger

Very heavy though, if you breakdown and need to push and pedal !!
you are more possible than you can powerfully imagine.

www.woodrum.co.uk

MalcolmB

Postby MalcolmB » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:41 pm

I like the photo about halfway down this page: http://www.cyclesmaximus.com/electricassist.htm#lynch

I can just see it: "Oh yes officer, it's a 200 Watt system" :lol:

One idea I thought would be fun would be take one of those little trailers you can get for hauling kids around and install a motor and batteries underneath the floor where no one can see them. All you have on your bike is a throttle control, which you connect up at the same time you hitch the trailer to your bike. Would be fun for shopping at Asda.

MB

Postby MB » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:29 pm

You can buy electric assist trailers in America and I know a couple of people who have built their own here in the UK.

The benefit is that you have a normal bike when you want a normal bike - without all the extra weight and hassle of an electrical assist system - and an electric bike when you need the extra oomph.

Mind you, the ex-CTO of Tesla went one better - he had an electric Porsche 944 that he built himself with a petrol engined push-along trailer as a range extender :shock:

Return to “Electrically assisted bikes”