Bother

General BVS related area
EVguru

Postby EVguru » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:04 am

Of course if the stuff still sat there underwater now then things like the controller etc are going to be pretty trollied by now

We don't actually know if there are any 'electronics' in this Enfield, but electronics often survive submersion quite well. The trick is to not let them dry out before you're ready.

A friend used to race radio control boats, sometimes off shore and despite best efforts radio gear would get submerged in salt water. He used to carry a bucket of de-ionised water and just dump the contaminated gear into the bucket until he got home. Once at home the gear would be opened up, blown down with compressed air and put into the airing cupboard.

Remember you do not HAVE TO accept an insurance company's offer or where they want take it for repair it's your car you choose.

Yes, that's very important advice. Don't let them take the car (if they want to) until you're happy with what's on offer. Take lots of pictures. If you have legal cover, then you can call in your own loss adjuster to act on your behalf.

Lighten up Paul, anyhow I recon paying the fees we do and then having all the hassle we have trying to claim on our so called insurance is a theft of my money anyway not to mention fraud in my book

Nice speech, think it would work in court? :lol:

Seriously, it can be a very uneven battle with insurance companies and they take a very dim view of people trying it on.

When they pay out fair money for a fair failure in a reasonable time will be the time I will start treating them fair.

Actually with a modern car and an easily determined value it can be fast an easy. It's these cases of an old vehicle, or a modified vehicle, etc. that cause the headaches.
Paul

http://www.compton.vispa.com/scirocco/
http://www.morini-mania.co.uk
http://www.compton.vispa.com/the_named

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:52 am

EVguru wrote:
Lighten up Paul, anyhow I recon paying the fees we do and then having all the hassle we have trying to claim on our so called insurance is a theft of my money anyway not to mention fraud in my book

Nice speech, think it would work in court? :lol:

Seriously, it can be a very uneven battle with insurance companies and they take a very dim view of people trying it on.

Doubt it would to be honest but then they gota catch me first :twisted:

When they pay out fair money for a fair failure in a reasonable time will be the time I will start treating them fair.

EVguru wrote:Actually with a modern car and an easily determined value it can be fast an easy. It's these cases of an old vehicle, or a modified vehicle, etc. that cause the headaches.

[soapbox]
You recon :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: the last time I had a claim against a "modern" vehicle their first offer was some 1000 pounds BELOW even book price, I then had a fight on my hands and it wasnt until I threatened THEM with court action regarding .......
Insurance:- Definition

A promise of compensation for specific potential future losses in exchange for a periodic payment. Insurance is designed to protect the financial well-being of an individual, company or other entity in the case of unexpected loss.

.....and telling them that they where the ones being fraudulent etc etc that they improved it............a bit :evil:

It took a further 3 or 4 letters many phone calls and a letter to the ombudsman before they rolled over and paid me a reasonable amount and also a shed load for the hassle they have caused me over a 6-8 month period.

I worked out that if they had paid me the correct money in the first place they would have SAVED themselves about 500 quid.

......and mines not an unusual case and wasnt even a difficult case as it was a standard car theft, that was reported and had a crime number and everything, I had photos and service records to back up my claim as well.

I hear it time and time again with people who make claims that they get fobbed off with ridiculouse low offers and then have to fight tooth and nail to get there compensation.

Yes I know they have to make a profit but then theres profit and then theres greed :evil:

[/soapbox] :lol:

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

qdos

Postby qdos » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:03 pm

I have some friends who run a company (as it happens I was at their offices on Friday) who actually supply Insurance companies with their bespoke software and they will tell you Insurance makes money hand over fist. It's basically a racket and they simply can not lose. Really it's nothing much more than a cartel of betting bookies so to speak.

By the way I'm not talking tin pot insurance companies here this is the biggest you can get where the buck stops :wink:

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:45 am

Kate , what was the out come of the rather damp enfield :cry:

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Bakudan

Postby Bakudan » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:50 pm

I hope the insurance company gave you a cash settlement for the damaged car! That must have been awful!
Is the house alright?

Return to “General”