Lifep04 battery supplier or Leaf modules

Chat about all things battery in here.
Need to know what type to use or size or capacity then again place your thoughts here
David Arthur

Lifep04 battery supplier or Leaf modules

Postby David Arthur » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:49 pm

Hi Has anybody any up to date information on the purchase of and prices of Lifep04 30/40 ah cells, or anybody interested in wanting to make a combined purchase, has anybody any experience, buying from China direct, and could you recommend any suppliers. Alternatively i am initially prepared to buy an existing pack from a leaf or similar, and need 10/15kw myself, have any of you any experience with this method of construction, or have experienced serious pitfalls i would be very interested to know your thoughts.

Beemer

Re: Lifep04 battery supplier or Leaf modules

Postby Beemer » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:49 am

Hi David,
LiFePo4's are a fairly benign chemistry providing they are never over discharged, causing other cells forcing the weakest into a reverse charge. The others used in manufactured vehicles are a higher density but really do need their proper BMS units if they are supposed to stay safe. They are extraordinarily combustible.

Myself I have around 10KWh of A123 pouch cells (LiFePo4's - about say, 18KWh apiece) but they'll need bolting up into parallel sets to make up the amperages you'll need.

skooler

Re: Lifep04 battery supplier or Leaf modules

Postby skooler » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:52 pm

We stock Sinopoly 40AH cells and a mix of new and used Leaf modules at indra.co.uk 01684 770 631

Mike
Posts by Mike Schooling
Director and tech lead at indra.co.uk

Mazda RX8, Soliton Jr, 24KWH Sinopoly LiFePO4, Kostov 11alpha
http://www.diyelectriccar.com/forums/sh ... 61556.html

Return to “All things battery related”