Photos from the Bristol Balloon Fiesta

Have you got some pictures of your EV or electric bike that you want to share with others ? Then post your pictures here.
anachrocomputer

Photos from the Bristol Balloon Fiesta

Postby anachrocomputer » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:15 pm

I've just finished uploading the photos from the Bristol Balloon Fiesta. They're on Flickr, here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/anachrocomputer/sets/72157601418059513/

If you want to see more of the balloons themselves, have a look in my main photo page:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/anachrocomputer
1994 Suzuki Cappuccino
1992 Mini-El electric bubblecar

floydster
Site Staff

Postby floydster » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:07 pm

Cool. Looks like the perfect day out.

The white Twike looks like it's missing a tail and wings ;)

Floydster
I know I'm in my own world - it's OK, they know me here.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:12 pm

Once again a cracking set of pics 8)

Is anyone going to do some sort of review on here with pics as I'd love to know what was going on in some of those shots

A couple that spring to mind are:-

Was the transformer supose to be home made :lol:
The dodgey looking variac was for ????
Who was the Stig :lol:
What was all the driving about in a feild about ???

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Otherwise it looked like everyone had a good time, did we get any interest, must admit I didnt see hords of public in any of the shots :?:

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

qdos

Postby qdos » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:21 pm

We had lots of interest and very favourable comments especially about the mag.

We are definately being taken seriously now we even had a venture capitalist asking if we wanted him to invest in us!!!! which took us by surprise to say the least but it just goes to show what a great job all who helped out on the stand did and I'd personally like to say a very big WELL DONE! to Niki in particular for being a super representative for us. Also to our photographer John who not only took some smashing pics but was also a star on the stand chatting to the interested public several of whom are very very keen to get on board with us now. :D

Re the tinkering with controllers well you know what we're like we just can't help but tinker ;)

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:41 pm

You bunch of tinkers :lol: :lol: :lol:

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

aminorjourney

Postby aminorjourney » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:11 am

Yeah. It was a great day. Thank you to EVERYONE who helped. I must admit I was a little miffed when this investor turned up and told me he was looking for "people like you" to my face. I'm awaiting a phone call :)

We also heard some incredible news, including the fact that Bristol City Council have an EV charge point we didn't know about, and that there will be at least two smart EVs in the City from the Autumn!

The charger was for Sugarlump, and the red City El we had there (only 6 different on the chassis number to mine and so would have been in the factory at the same time) blew up in just the same way as mine had! (But that was on 36 V)

The Stig... Ahhh... Well, that's a close-guarded secret! :)

* Surficed to say he's not the real one, but I know who that is ;)
Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield

EVangelist and Media Relations Coordinator, www.ZeroCarbonWorld.org
Host, www.transportevolved.com

http://about.me/aminorjourney/bio

retepsnikrep

Nice Pics

Postby retepsnikrep » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:41 am

Well done Guys! Nice balloons :) (Guys, as in a collection of individuals of either sex who have performed a useful task) Hang on, why am I explaining the meaning of my phrase? It must be PC gone mad :x
Regards Peter

Two MK1 Honda Insight's. One running 20ah A123 Lithium pack. One 8ah BetterBattery Nimh pack.
One HCH1 Civic Hybrid running 60ah A123 Lithium pack.

qdos

Postby qdos » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:36 pm

What about MACs? they can be correct too and indeed I'm sure they go mad as well ;)

anachrocomputer

Postby anachrocomputer » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:23 pm

ChrisB wrote:Once again a cracking set of pics 8)

Thanks!

ChrisB wrote:Otherwise it looked like everyone had a good time, did we get any interest, must admit I didnt see hords of public in any of the shots :?:

Two reasons for that: one, I wanted to get photos of the stand and cars unobstructed by the people, so I chose moments when nobody was about! And two, when it was crowded, I was too busy talking to people to take photos. We did get lots of attention both from people walking by and from people who had seen the show in the main arena and wanted to know more.

For instance, I spoke to a university lecturer who wanted to include EVs in his courses. Then, there was the Bristol City College lecturer who is setting up a course module in electric fork-lifts. Another person was interested in controller technology and brushless DC motors. Several people asked about motorcycle conversions. Quite a few went past the stand thinking that my City-El was a Sinclair C5! There were only a couple of mentions of milk-floats, and nothing derogatory.
1994 Suzuki Cappuccino

1992 Mini-El electric bubblecar

MalcolmB

Postby MalcolmB » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:08 am

Whose is the Vectrix? They must be very generous to let so many people play with it! I'd love to hear a first-hand account of what it's like to ride.

Return to “The Gallery”