A visit to London

Have you got some pictures of your EV or electric bike that you want to share with others ? Then post your pictures here.
ChrisB

A visit to London

Postby ChrisB » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:17 pm

I happend to be in London over the weekend and actually saw TWO EV's in one day :shock:

Does look like the EV is getting about at last :roll: ( excuse the Pun )

First off a fully electric Pret deliveries van

and then I caught a G-whizz

Sorry that ones a bit fuzzy but it caught me off guard , well it was silent wasnt it :lol: I wonder who it belongs to ???

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

floydster
Site Staff

Postby floydster » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:07 pm

The Pret van is the Mutt's nuts. I could see my beagles travelling in that.

It's got me thinking again!!!

Floydster

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:45 pm

I cant remember the make of the van , I've got some details of them somewhere , I'll see if I can dig them out, the van is made on an ally chassis and then 90% of the body is plastic, and TBH it does feel a bit plasticy when your inside :lol:

ChrisB

qdos

Postby qdos » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:58 pm

The van is a Mega van from Mega or Axiam (the same company basically) they make Quadricycles and are supposed to be making the NICE but it's yet to be seen on the roads the van is available in either electric or diesel and the UK office is based in Coventry

ChrisB wrote:I cant remember the make of the van , I've got some details of them somewhere , I'll see if I can dig them out, the van is made on an ally chassis and then 90% of the body is plastic, and TBH it does feel a bit plasticy when your inside :lol:

ChrisB

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Wed May 09, 2007 9:43 pm

Thanks Qdos for that, you are correct of course...........and here is their website

http://www.megavan.org/index.htm

ChrisB

MB

Postby MB » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:21 pm

If you only saw two electric vehicles in Central London, you must have been walking around with your eyes closed!

Electric bikes, scooters, cars and vans are pretty much everywhere in London now: especially in Westminster and Camden.

There are well over 800 G-Wiz's on London's roads now and that figure will be over 1,000 by the end of the year. The Axiam Mega vans have been taken up by a few prominent businesses in London and the Lexola electric mopeds/scooters are starting to pop up all over the place!

Add to that the NICE and the Maranello 4, of which there are a few starting to appear, and suddenly London being the electric car capital of the world starts to ring true.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:19 pm

I really only did see the two honest :oops:

But then we tried to stay off the streets as much as poss and used either the underground or walk ways so rarely found ourselves in the presence of traffic :wink:

ChrisB

geekygrilli

Postby geekygrilli » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:18 pm

Hi guys

I'm new here today - yay!

The van is the MEGA, there is a company, 'Hiremech' on teh trading estate next to me who have the rights to sell them in London. They do look very smart. Retail at about £10,000

The company is mainly a forklift repair centre, and they have been very helpful in the supply of parts for my EV conversions (I have stripped 4 motors off their scrapped forklifts for my car, and various other bits)

If you would like a contact, just let me know and I'll get their details for you.

Best regards

Christopher

Return to “The Gallery”