West Sussex gets 20 charge points

Chat about all things battery in here.
Need to know what type to use or size or capacity then again place your thoughts here
ChrisB

West Sussex gets 20 charge points

Postby ChrisB » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:50 pm

Well its been a year in the making but yesterday I've at last got the first two 13amp charge points installed at Crawley 8)

Image Image

http://www.crawleyhappytimes.co.uk/2010 ... into-life/

Paid for by SSE Contracting, West Sussex was been given these 20 charge points to be distributed around the county. While it’s not a massive amount they are a first for West Sussex County Council.

The points are being supplied from Elektromotive, a company based in Brighton East Sussex; one reason for choosing them was because the manufacturing is carried out locally in Lancing and Burgess Hill and thus keeping jobs local to the area.

The posts will be offering free charging but parking charges, where applicable, will still need to be paid for in the regular way.

The first two are located in Crawley to the side of the Town Hall, making them ideally suited for shopping or visiting the Town Hall, currently these offer free parking as well.
Other locations coming very soon will be Chichester, Bognor, Littlehampton, Worthing, Storrington, Burgess Hill, Horsham, East Grinstead and Haywards Heath.

The points are electrically connected but wont be fully live until the back office is in place, which all being well will happen in the next few weeks but I wanted to get these first two installed in time for the Future Car Challenge as there is a halfway stop at the technical college of Crawley which is just a stone’s throw from the charge points, if anyone on the day fancies a quick top up then I will be on the WSCC Air Quality stand with a access token which will enable use of the points, but I suspect the competitors wont want to charge as the idea is to use the least amount of power, but for others then just come over and ask or if you just want to go over and see the points then just ask for me.

As more points go on line and the back office is up and running I'll add to this thread with further details.

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

marktime

Re: West Sussex gets 20 charge points

Postby marktime » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:13 am

Chris, that's excellent, that list of locations covers my stomping ground very well and could help with my business case to get a Nisan leaf or Mitshubishi iMiev as my next company car!

MarkTime
Soft as Graphite, Hard as Diamond, Black as Coal & clear as CO2, It's a Carbon thing!

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:11 pm

Nice one 8)

i'm fairly confident the rest will be going up this month, but knowing how these things can slip :roll: I'd be happier to say that by the end of the year they will be all in :wink:

As and when more go in I'll keep peeps informed here

ChrisB

Kevin Sharpe

Postby Kevin Sharpe » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:12 pm

Well done Chris... a major step forward for us all.
Kevin Sharpe - Founder and Patron for UK registered charity Zero Carbon World. Founder and Chairman Mainpine Group. http://about.me/kevinsharpe

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:44 pm

Cheers Kevin, its not a huge amount but at least its a start.

One of the main things I've felt that has come out of it, is that it has got a lot of people talking about EV's in Council circles 8)

Might see you on Satuday :wink:

ChrisB

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:00 am

The project is gathering steam now and we already have over half of them now installed they are available for use right now via the Charge your car scheme www.chargeyourcar.org.uk

The Chichester pair of charge points are being launched on the Wednesday the 30th March, please see here viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2959 as I am looking for someone who might be willing to take part in a "Human interest" news story.

ChrisB

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:13 pm

Massive thanks goes to one of our members who braved the rain today and did sterling work with the Press and Radio folk for the "Human Interest" story during the Launch of the Chichester EV charge points today, even got a BVS plug in 8)

We had 3 EV's on site my Van, a Citreon EVie and my electric Scooter, sadly the rain didnt help matters and I've not yet found any decent pictures but once I do I'll pop some up.

West Sussex now has charge points located at :-
Chichester
Worthing
Storrington
Burgess Hill
Horsham
East Grinstead
Haywards Heath

All installed and available for use via http://www.chargeyourcar.org.uk, this site will soon also have Brighton and East Sussex available on it and Hampshire in the future, so you'll only need to join once to have access to points all over the south and the rest of the UK

ChrisB

MalcolmW

Postby MalcolmW » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:21 pm

Good news, as I'm in Lancing, near Worthing. However, I can't see any sign of the Worthing point on the website.

Is it actually live yet, and where is it?
Malcolm
www.justonebill.info

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:02 pm

The Wothing pair are in the High Street MultiStory 1st floor just as you drive in you'll see them on the right before you go up a level ( they are the smaller wall mount units), they are live and working but I understand the floor was being marked up and painted and thus may be cordoned off currently.

There could be another pair going in at Brooklands park carpark, off Western Road which is pretty much in Lancing, I did the pre-site engineering visit this week and the site ticks all the boxes so there may be another two going in there as well.

Still awaiting to sort out Bognor and Littlehampton, these are proving somewhat tricky but hopefully will get another pair in both of those towns soon 8)

Also currently working on Hampshire and Southampton areas too 8) Brighton points need to be upgraded to the new HF tag system before they can be used on the same system, East Sussex havent got any at the moment but are very keen to join in which is good.

ChrisB

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:55 pm

MalcolmW wrote:Good news, as I'm in Lancing, near Worthing. However, I can't see any sign of the Worthing point on the website.

Is it actually live yet, and where is it?

As per the Charge your car map the points at Worthing are all live and working now, in fact I've just got back from a Press call for the pair at the Brooklands Carpark and actually used one for 3hrs to recharge my van 8)

ChrisB

Return to “All things battery related”