Mitsubishi iMiEV v. Nissan Leaf

General BVS related area
microman

Mitsubishi iMiEV v. Nissan Leaf

Postby microman » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:34 am

I test drove the iMiEV and the Leaf last week. Just no contest at all, they're in different leagues with the Leaf way, way ahead. I don't see how Mitsubishi can expect to sell any except possibly as a very compact inner-city car given that they're the same price. So we going ahead with purchasing a Leaf and expect to take delivery next month. (Yes I know its expensive, but its probably the last car I shall buy!)

As a result our '55 registered Prius T3 will be on the market (see the For Sale section) if anyone is interested either as it is or for the keen a candidate for conversion to plug-in operation.

ChrisB

Re: Mitsubishi iMiEV v. Nissan Leaf

Postby ChrisB » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:29 pm

Interesting, for someone whos never been in either and has only viewed the Mitsubishi from afar whats the differences that bought you to your conclusion.

Wouldnt mind your Prius but sadly above my wallet :cry:

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

microman

Postby microman » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:01 am

Interior quality - cheap looking and finished upholstery in the iMiEV with almost grotesque heater controls facing you, nasty plastic door handles, a shift lever that looks like its borrowed from a JCB. Very narrow as one must expect for a diminutive car - you need to be very friendly with the front seat passenger.

The Leaf has the 'goodies' you would expect for the price (even if you don't want them) like sat nav with range and charge point map (+internet connection). Cruise control and so on.

Both drive quietly and easily though the demo iMiEV had a brake pedal that threatened to reach the floor before stopping the car. Better range, speed and acceleration in the Leaf.

My wife's view was that the iMiEV felt cheaper than our little Hyundai i10 whereas the Leaf was comparable with the top range Prius (T spirit).

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:38 pm

Interesting, thanks for the insight

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Return to “General”