BVS Change to Berlingo Vehicle Society?

General BVS related area
phil shepherdson

BVS Change to Berlingo Vehicle Society?

Postby phil shepherdson » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:05 am

I am always amazed to see so much correspondence regarding the Berlingo vehicle. The latest is from Timpootle regarding battery change. Am I right in thinking that with its range and capability most BVS members prefer and admire this make of car? Perhaps if that is the case then can I suggest a name change to: Berlingo Vehicle Society

Phil

timpootle

Postby timpootle » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:23 am

Well, you see, we are the victim of history. ChrisB set this forum up as a resource for Berlingo owners before opening it up to the wider audience. It that correct, Chris? Or am I mis-remembering? It was all before my time.

Anyway, yes, there is a large minority on here who believe the Berlingo is the best available electric vehicle at this time, taking purchase cost, range, speed, payload, technical know-how, into consideration. Many of us would like it to be easier to put rear seats in, though.

And to be fair, the reply you mention from me was directed to a specific question from Dargles about Berlingo batteries.

Forum members and Society members are a wide and varied bunch, with interests from the lightest vehicles to the heaviest (submarines are battery-electric too!) but the Berlingo is one of the most practical ROAD vehicles around. In my view. I'm still saving up for a Tesla model S, though ;-)

If we're not talking about your particular interest, start a new thread, and see who else shares your passion. No doubt someone will :-D
Tim Crumpton

Teslas fag packet

Postby Teslas fag packet » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:52 am

I can see your point Phil, in fact before I acquired mine I remember thinking "there off again with there berlingo's", until a berlingo found me.

as Tim says they are a very practical EV, but I would like to see more conversions, I think it's great to see people so determined to drive an ev that they risk getting some dirt under there finger nails.

The other thing is the Gwiz lot have there own clubs and meets and forums so do the C5's, prius', and the converters, but there's no forum JUST for the e500, so we have to vent our spleen here.

Sorry our kid :)
Yorkshire isn't just a place, it's a state of mind!

http://www.minievolution.com/

clnbrtltt

Postby clnbrtltt » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:50 pm

We are not all Berlingo owners :!:

Having said that, I do think the Berlingo was a really good EV but they are all getting a bit old now...............
Proven 6kW Wind Turbine
3.8 kW Solar PV

Teslas fag packet

Postby Teslas fag packet » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:54 pm

Well ok. But if people don't type stuff it doesn't appear on the forum. I would love to know about your wind setup for example would you mind doing a post about that or some the the other evs out there?

It's realy important that I go to the pub now as i'm responsable for keeping the beer levels low in Leeds, it's a hard life.

Cheers

dargles

Postby dargles » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:05 am

OK... [tiptoes in...]

sorry, that was my fault, I guess.

Does it help if I mention that the EV I would really like to purchase is the Partridge Wilson (http://www.topfoto.co.uk/gallery/electriccars/ppages/ppage31.html)? Trouble is, I think I'm 70 years too late... :lol:

So the reason the Berlingo is on my potential shopping list is because that's what I mostly see on eBay...
Regards, David

tim.strutt

Postby tim.strutt » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:30 am

Hi Phil,

At my first BVS meet in the slug and lettuce, Altrincham, Manchester, every 16th of the month.. ;-) Yes yes we did talk a fair bit about Berlingo's.

However I distinctly remember being involved in several discussions that included a Partner electric, a 106 electrique, OK, yess all PSA group... But also, an EKitCar project, several Floats /variants, a B40 powered Champ, and, er well a Landrover, oh and a Rolls, a Stalwart!, and, and various buses as well :roll:

I also mentioned I'm thinking of selling one of our three Berlingo's, so :idea: maybe, we can kill two birds with one stone ?

You buy one of my assignations :twisted: ( Berlingo's ) so that you too can then also realise what owning AND maintaining a production EV (( Berlingo ) ) is like?

I'll then befree to invest the proceeds in converting a quad bike, or even starting to create a long held vision of owning a practical but utilitarian 4x4E :D Once I've managed to convince SWMBO.... :lol:

TimS

ps point taken.

clnbrtltt

Postby clnbrtltt » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:42 pm

Hi there Tesla's Fag Packet,

There is quite a bit about our Wind Turbine in the Home Energy section of this forum :D :D :D
It's titled something like:- Proven 6kw grid connected wind turbine.

No offence taken or meant :D :D :D
Proven 6kW Wind Turbine
3.8 kW Solar PV

Teslas fag packet

Postby Teslas fag packet » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:47 pm

Lol, I have been off the radar for a bit. Still I think were all on the same page. Looks like I have some Reading to do.

Group hug :)

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:36 pm

timpootle wrote:Well, you see, we are the victim of history. ChrisB set this forum up as a resource for Berlingo owners before opening it up to the wider audience. It that correct, Chris? Or am I mis-remembering? It was all before my time.................

Yep the orginal forum started life many moons ago (several years back now) with just myself and Flying John as an area for us to document our Berlingo's lives as both of us found that there was very little info out there on the web about them.

Rightly or wrongly :? as I was a member of the BVS for 15 odd years and at the time the BVS's own website wasnt that good or up to date I offered to encompass the BVS, also I was frustrated at the time not to have a good UK based forum about EV's that I could chat to fellow UK EV'ers about UK products and vehicles 8) the other EV sites where OK but personally I wanted to talk to folks that where this side of the pond :wink:

Thats about it really :wink:

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Return to “General”