BVS L2B 5th July 2009

BVS Events area, want to meet up with fellow EV'ers then this is the place to post. Please follow the guidelines if you are starting a topic here.
booboo

Postby booboo » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:16 pm

...not received any reply to my query about the finish point for this event , are we going to be meeting up with all the bikers as well as the G-wiz club :P ? Could be quite a scene, Sinclair C5's , G-wiz cars, BVS vehicles and loads of bikers :D

It's all gone a bit quiet with not that many days left until the BVS L2B run itself - is it still going ahead ?
London to Brighton on a Sinclair C5 - 6/5/07 - what a trip !
Ford Explorer 4.0 v6 petrol for everyday abuse - thank God for LPG
Sinclair C5's (Plus "c5alive.co.uk" ) as a hobby

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:57 pm

Best give John Crayton a shout as he's da man :wink:

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

booboo

Postby booboo » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:50 am

ChrisB wrote:Best give John Crayton a shout as he's da man :wink:

ChrisB

....tried an email at the time of my earlier posting, no reply as yet :?

Hence my query as to whether or not this is still going ahead... :?:

john

L2B

Postby john » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:43 pm

Hi everybody.
I am sorry for the late info. The run will be on SUNDAY 5th July.
The start is at Clapham Common (south side) A24 outside the WINDMILL ON THE COMMON public house. We leave at 9am for Handcross LUNCH AND CHARGE then on to BRIGHTON. Please let me know if you are coming and your charging requirements. FULL ROUTE will be available soon.

KIND REGARDS JOHN CRAYTON 01273306922

*edited to add date at Chairman's request*

ex925

BVS L2B 09 / "Who let da Dog out?" from Ed.

Postby ex925 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:38 pm

IFs.....

If a] I can get the Junkyard Dog uprated in time...
b] I receive the LiPo battery pack from Mr. LiPing in time...
c] I can clear all the serious tasks that REALLY must be done...
d] I finish all the "Stuff-I-want-to-bore-the-committee-with" in time...
e] I don't have "another episode"...
f] I don't make any of my usual goofs...
g] No other glitches intrude at the last moment...

Then.....
I will be at/in the BVS L2B 09

May it Please the Deities of small geekish things':D'

All the best,
from Ed. :D

booboo

Postby booboo » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:25 pm

Although John kindly invited us to meet the BVS at Handcross, and maybe even join in the L2B at Ditchling Beacon, I've chosen to continue with the original "c5alive" plan of a C5 run along the coast on the cycle paths. It makes life easier for those using a C5 !

Hopefully we can get as far as the marina, it depends on the size and location of the motorcycle festival taking place. The BVS finish point is near to the marina, so we can always go along and meet you guys there later in the afternoon.

We intend to start our run at around 1030ish by the lagoon, near the King Alfred Leisure Centre. However, if the weather is hot then we may have to relocate further along to the Shoreham end. We're expecting Brighton in the sunshine to be a very busy place so we may need to get away from the crowds and the popular beaches in order to find adequate parking.

See you all at the finish point hopefully.

Anyone know if the G-wiz owners club are still up for a meet ?

booboo

Postby booboo » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:48 am

Checked the local freebie papers today, and they are now advertising yet another event to be held at Brighton seafront.

It is the "Feelfit - Paddle around the pier" event expected to attract 20,000 people .

When combined with the motorcycle event being held at the Marina, we've decided that the congestion (also equals no parking for transportation vehicles) and anticipated crowds would make a C5 run unworkable.

So we are moving our run to Crawley, which sadly means we wont be around to meet up with you guys at the end of your run.

booboo

Postby booboo » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:41 pm

I hope the BVS L2B went well !

Having spoken to John ,I had hoped the c5's could meet up with you guys at Handcross - but we had an impromptu BBQ along the way.

One of the C5's went up in smoke :shock:

By time we managed to recover it back to my house and break out a spare c5 to continue the run , the opportunity to divert to Handcross was lost.

Seems fate was against us this year, maybe next time ?

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:34 pm

booboo wrote:One of the C5's went up in smoke :shock:

:shock: got any pics ??

Looking forward to a report on the L2B run with possibley some pics if anyone took any ?? couldnt be there myself this year due to transport problems

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

ex925

C5 Brulee / L2B from Ed, BVS competitions and events guy....

Postby ex925 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:27 pm

Hi, hope there remained most of the hotted-up C5 after the smoke had been let out completely.
At least that C5 made it to the event, unlike my EAPC, which was still not ready when the time came to set off from Plymouth for the BVS 2009 L2B.

Cedric in his unique and brilliant electric cabin-motorcycle, and Pete on his miraculously swift and long-ranging EAPC made it through to Brighton. We were joined at Handcross by a couple of G-Wizz cars, but mindful of time taken to re-charge, it was necessary for them to head off again from there.

The weather was kind, and the scenery was wonderful. Terry Harding and I had a great "away-day" as out-riders, both on carbon-propelled scooters. Starting with the individuality of Londoners around Clapham Common early on a Sunday morning in midsummer, then on to a warm welcome, a swift and efficient committee-meeting, followed by a tasty lunch, at Handcross Parish Hall.

In the afternoon, as the G-Wizzes headed home, Cedric and Pete completed the run to Brighton. A top-up charge was kindly enabled by the Brighton Scouts, who also provided tea and snacks. The large Asda store within the "Village" complex within Brighton Marina proved a source of.....

A pair of "Combat Flip-Flops" (Camouflage - colour, Only in Brighton?) for an entrant who must remain anonymous....
(hint, the only motorcycle rider I know who does not in any way endanger themselves by not wearing leathers when riding)

Inspired and impressed by TWEVs that actually cut the mustard, I rode home determined to evolve my own to a better standard well in time for next year, and see how it compares.

Also, I really want to see what some well-sorted C5s are like.....
See you next year, I hope
All the best, from Ed. Gordon in Plymouth

Return to “Events”