Wilson Electric Car

Have you got some pictures of your EV or electric bike that you want to share with others ? Then post your pictures here.
Richard Elliott

Wilson Electric Car

Postby Richard Elliott » Sat May 26, 2007 1:52 pm

A recent visitor to our easter Transport Gala at Buckfastleigh was this 1936 Wilson Electric Car. Powered by banks of lead acid batteries under the bonnet and in the boot it was an experimental vehicle. The owner told me that they only produced this one cabriolet plus a van. It had an interesting history and had at one time been owned by a government minister who used it to go to and from the Houses of Parliament during the war years. Top speed is about 30mph and range 20 miles.

aminorjourney

Postby aminorjourney » Sat May 26, 2007 1:57 pm

Excellent photos there, Richard!

Would you happen perchance to have the owner's details? It would make a great feature for the BVS magazine!

MB

Postby MB » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:17 pm

Wow! It is wonderful that this Wilson still exists.

Wilson was a small-time vehicle manufacturer from before the war. There were attempts to put this car in production, and in 1936 a few advertisements appeared for the car. There was at least one other Wilson car design from around 1940: what happened to that one is anybody's guess.

I had assumed that all Wilsons would be long gone by now, so it is wonderful to see that at least one has survived the tests of time.

Peter Eggleston

Partridge Wilson

Postby Peter Eggleston » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:34 pm

This vehicle was featured in an article in Battery Vehicle Review volume 26 number 6, Jan/Feb 2002.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:40 pm

Wow you've got a memory :shock:

:lol:

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Return to “The Gallery”