Green Cycle Trailer

Do you own or use or want to build a assisted bike then here is the place for you.
soapmachine

Green Cycle Trailer

Postby soapmachine » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:19 pm

Hi all
I have just finished building a so called Green bike trailer, the concept of this trailer is to push a normal bike along in stead of converting the bike, I got the idear of the internet and as I am a welder and work in aley and stainless. I have always colected lots of junk and as I was thinking what I had in stock, I first fund some aley BMX wheels and tyers and a few difrent electric motors, and a leisure battery from my caravan, I first built a chassie out of some aley section and fitted the wheels, I have then to get a motor that will run on 12 volts so I tried to run a wiper motor but it did not have any speed so then I tried a motor out of an auto washing machein, when I put the power trough the feilds and the armacher it ran so slow it was no use, but when I put the power through the armacher only it runs at a good speed, and is just the right power how this happens to work is a mistery as it is not the norme, but it duse so as long as you pedel away, it gets up more and more speed the only thing I can put it down to is there must be some residual magnaticem in the feilds, that builds up as the power gets going it duse not need any speed control just a on off switch once up speed aply power and it maintains a brisk pace.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:33 pm

Sounds interesting 8)

Do post some pictures :wink:

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

qdos

Postby qdos » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:57 am

Oh gosh someone did exactly this some years ago and I've got pics someplace just can't remember where. I'm sure they are BVS members perhaps they will post to this thread. Not sure if he was in Weymouth or Plymouth.....

soapmachine

Green Cycle Trailer

Postby soapmachine » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:48 pm

Hi all
I have to day canged the electric motor, as it did not have quite anouth power for one hill I go up, so now I have a induction motor out of a small spin dryer running of a inverter, this has a soft start and semes a little bit more torke so ill give it a go for a few days and see how it squars up over all it is a good idear and the way it gets along is just grate.

Return to “Electrically assisted bikes”