Anyone installed a public charging point

General BVS related area
arsharpe

Postby arsharpe » Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:43 pm

Looks good.
Unfortunately, I think these are aimed for public recharging point.

You may not be eligible unless your "Refuelling station is open for third party access"

Regards,
Rob

floydster
Site Staff

Postby floydster » Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:37 pm

arsharpe wrote:Looks good.
Unfortunately, I think these are aimed for public recharging point.

You may not be eligible unless your "Refuelling station is open for third party access"

Regards,
Rob

I'm trying to persuade them to install points for the public, not employees. I think it would be great PR.

Floydster

p.s. I'm putting together a proposal for an employee only grant scheme for solar water instalations where you can ask the company for money towards an instalation and pay back x% if you leave within x years. Idea's only in my head at the moment so all ideas are welcome. Had the idea after booboo mentioned how grim the grants can be.
I know I'm in my own world - it's OK, they know me here.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:42 pm

floydster wrote:p.s. I'm putting together a proposal for an employee only grant scheme for solar water instalations where you can ask the company for money towards an instalation and pay back x% if you leave within x years. Idea's only in my head at the moment so all ideas are welcome. Had the idea after booboo mentioned how grim the grants can be.

Now thats a clever one Floydee, mind you I recon you'll need to get the government on side with this one and make it Tax efficient for the company envolved as well, that would REALLY make them sit up and take notice.

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

aminorjourney

Postby aminorjourney » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:51 pm

You know we should have some form of discussion document about charging points for use by people who want to install a point.

Perhaps I'll start working on that (but after I've recovered from doing Plugged In! 70 hours in a week and it's just going to the Printers!)
Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield

EVangelist and Media Relations Coordinator, www.ZeroCarbonWorld.org
Host, www.transportevolved.com

http://about.me/aminorjourney/bio

floydster
Site Staff

Postby floydster » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:12 pm

ChrisB wrote:Now thats a clever one Floydee, mind you I recon you'll need to get the government on side with this one and make it Tax efficient for the company envolved as well, that would REALLY make them sit up and take notice.ChrisB

They can afford to help us poor empoyees, they made nearly £10bn profit last year :!: I'll find out if they can ask for help though.

Floydster
I know I'm in my own world - it's OK, they know me here.

EVan

Re: Anyone installed a public charging point

Postby EVan » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:57 am

floydster wrote:
arsharpe wrote:Does anyone have any idea how much this is likely to cost or have completed a similar project ?

I'd be interested too as the company I'm working for (until 2011) make far too much much money, are always claiming to do loads for the locals (they actually do), insist they're interested in the environment and have lots of property in the centre of Edinburgh. I know enough of the senior management who have some clout to "make it happen"

Floydster :wink:

Hi,
I've been looking for charging points in Edinburgh for a long time. I live in Fife and the round trip is too far for my current EVs. If you get anywhere with this, or need any advice on installations, please let me know.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:07 am

I'm currently trying to get my "new" Tescos thats going to be built round here to include a couple of charging points.

Todate I've not had any great advancement apart from a reply saying your e-mail has been passed to the relevant people :roll:
Going to give it a few weeks and then try and tackle them again as I recon having a charge points at something like Tescos whould be great, pop in to do your shopping and have a recharge at the same time.

Tescos are all ways banging on about how green they are so come on put your money where your mouth is 8)

ChrisB

aminorjourney

Postby aminorjourney » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:28 am

Plus they have a big order with Modec, don't they?
Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield

EVangelist and Media Relations Coordinator, www.ZeroCarbonWorld.org
Host, www.transportevolved.com

http://about.me/aminorjourney/bio

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:46 am

Apparently so , in which case they should be fully set up for this sort of thing :wink:

Well I actually hit them with another mail today to try and get in contact with the person who actually deals with it in a vain hope to follow any developements and also get comments if they do not go ahead with such a plan.

ChrisB

EVan

Postby EVan » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:00 am

BTW I managed to get my company to install a charging point here. Of course I pay for the electricity.
It's not public though. You have to be somewhat more careful installing a public point.

Return to “General”