Ego Electric StreetScoota

An area for all you bikers who now run your two wheeler on battery power, scooter owners to.
hailstorm

Postby hailstorm » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:02 am

Just had this pointed out to me by my boss. Seemed amazed at how cheap the cost of running is. I haven't heard of the company before. Seems to be a very cheap price though.

http://www.firebox.com/product/2166/Ego ... reetScoota

eco-wheels

Postby eco-wheels » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:11 am

We had one of these machines straight out of the box for a week to test ride/fault find for the importer. After all our hard work it doesn't look like they want to talk to us anymore. Was it something we said?

qdos

Re: Ego Electric StreetScoota

Postby qdos » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:03 am

eco-wheels wrote:We had one of these machines straight out of the box for a week to test ride/fault find for the importer. After all our hard work it doesn't look like they want to talk to us anymore. Was it something we said?

What did you say?

eco-wheels

Postby eco-wheels » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:58 pm

Qdos - I'ts a bit of a long story but in a nutshell we were approached by a bod working on behalf of an import/export company wanting to sell Chinese electric scoots - Of course we wanted to “try before we buyâ€Â

qdos

Postby qdos » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:48 pm

Well you know how the old song goes "It's hard being a cowboy in Rochdale" :wink:

Just checked out the Egoscooter site which looks rather pretty but it was extremely slow to load :( nice looking bike though.

badnewswade

Postby badnewswade » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:21 am

Strange, UK Eco Scooters seem to be selling the same bike for £200 less!

http://www.ukecoscooters.co.uk/home.php

I've seen a couple selling second hand already - generally by people who want a petrol motorbike for range, price around £650 (recession prices!)

Hoping to save up this year, and rush out and buy one - preferably second hand as it will be a bit cheaper and already road-tested, i.e have taken everything our crappy roads can throw at it. It would be great to have even more range though, so if anyone is selling an electric motorbike of 40+ miles range for less than £1000 feel free to PM me, I might be interested!
34 Watt Hours per mile, or > 700 MPG. What, me, smug?

MB

Postby MB » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:22 pm

I've seen these bikes and there are much better ones around elsewhere.

Personally, I'd buy a Lexola bike from Urban Mover (www.urbanmover.com). They have a whole range of them and they're properly screwed together.

I'm not sure what their current lineup is: they used to have a bottom-of-the-range model that cost around £850, but I'm not sure if that's still available or not.
My new book is out: The 2011 Electric Car Guide is available from Amazon and all good bookshops.

badnewswade

Postby badnewswade » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:33 pm

Nah, range is too *please do not swear* on those things and they're too expensive Our local dealer has a model that does twenty miles for about £1,700, the top of the range does thirty miles in lead-acids for 2 grand or 50 miles for three grand (or more). Sod that, I could buy a bloody nice car for three grand! (if I had it).

I'll definitely get a test drive on whatever I do buy though; don't fancy parting with the best part of a grand sight unseen!
34 Watt Hours per mile, or > 700 MPG. What, me, smug?

Return to “Electric Motor Bikes”