90kW Enova Panther Inverter from a Smiths Edison Van

Have you made or bought a converted vehicle if so this is for you
hadland

90kW Enova Panther Inverter from a Smiths Edison Van

Postby hadland » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:43 pm

Hi All
I have recently been researching and working out from a relatively complete wiring loom, as much as I can about an 90kW Enova Panther Inverter which was fitted to a Smiths Edison electric van. I intend to use the inverter in my conversion.
Does anyone have any pointers for info like a wiring schematics and I/Os info for these Enova inverters?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Tim

esbro

Re: 90kW Enova Panther Inverter from a Smiths Edison Van

Postby esbro » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:17 pm

Hi Tim, I am looking into buying one of these Enova controllers, have you had any luck yet?
If not, I'll ask on another forum and let you know what comes up.

Steve

hadland

Postby hadland » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:52 pm

Hi Steve
I have not done any further work with the Enova electronic controls, apart from helping someone else try to work it out. I'm quite sure of the I/Os, but its the CANbus I would have to scratch my head over for some time. In the end I used the power electronics - 600V, 600A rated IGBTs and Caps (good kit) inside the Enova Inverter connected to a Johannes Heubner inverter kit. I also used the alu heat sink cut in half. If you look on the DIYelectric car forum theres more info.
I have the I/O info if you need (but I would double check these as there were changes made over time to these units)
Good luck
cheers
Tim

esbro

Postby esbro » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:56 pm

Hi Tim, since my last post I've now got a motor and Enovo 90kw controller. Looks a nice bit of kit. I'm wondering if it might be possible to by-pass the canbus connections. When (if) I get the time soon, I'll take the top off and see what's in there - not that it is likely to make any sense to me.
Cheers -- Steve

esbro

Postby esbro » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:13 pm

Hi Tim, I have re-read your last post regarding this controller. You mention that you have i/o info.
I would be grateful if I could have a copy to check against my box of tricks, but I'm not sure how to get it.

Any help is welcome.

Cheers ...... Steve

hadland

Postby hadland » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:00 pm

Hi Steve
PM me your email address and I will send the I/Os
cheers
Tim

Return to “Conversions”