Using Prius for parts?

Have you made or bought a converted vehicle if so this is for you
russbost

Using Prius for parts?

Postby russbost » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:27 pm

Wasn't quite sure where to post this.

I note you can buy a complete useable Prius for less than £2k, I seem to remember the motor is quite powerful (80Hp?) - no way you could buy a motor of that power for under £2k in the UK (please correct me if I'm wrong) - I wonder how well this motor would work at lower voltage? Not sure how useful the Toyota battery pack would be (isn't it very low capacity 6.5 ah?) & whether you could split it into 2 or more packs & make it lower voltage higher capacity? So would it be worth stripping a Prius for bits & selling the rest of the car you don't want on Ebay or wherever? Suspect you might well get more back for the bits than you paid for the car!

Any thoughts & info appreciated!

Russ

ChrisB

Re: Using Prius for parts?

Postby ChrisB » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:16 am

Interesting thought but I wonder how much of the vehicle is tied into its own electronics and other parts, my betting is quite a lot :?

These days things arnt as simple as a motor, controller and battery, every component is/can be tied to the next via digital coms and if it doesnt see the correct data or just doesnt see data it will refuse to work point blank :roll:

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Return to “Conversions”