hard lock steering effects

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
Badger

Postby Badger » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:25 pm

Tesla's fag packet wrote:Also Don't take any chances with that leaking inspection cover use RTV if your cover seal is damaged. it is water mixed with graphite that killed the controller in my old berlingo

http://www.batteryvehiclesociety.org.uk ... 5&start=20

Hi thanks for that, can you tell me what RTV is?

I have replaced the brushes and gone for a short trip everything seems good :D , I shall charge tonight and try a longer journey(work) about 16 miles tommorow, as for the inspection plate seal i have reused it, as it is still a continuous seal, just a bit frayed.I am going to replace it when I can find or make another.It looks like a few more fixing points would help things and maybe a stronger material for the plate itself?
Badger
you are more possible than you can powerfully imagine.

www.woodrum.co.uk

Teslas fag packet

Postby Teslas fag packet » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:57 pm

eyup Badger,

RTV is Room Temperature Vulcanizing ( Rubber ) also called instant gasket some times, most motor factors sell it.

I know what you mean about the covers, one of the jive turkeys who serviced mine before i owned it, has smashed the cover and broken the cast aluminum lugs off the motor casing by over tightening the bolts tut :roll:

Glad it's running again :)
Yorkshire isn't just a place, it's a state of mind!

http://www.minievolution.com/

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:24 am

Nice one , glad its up and running again, now dont forget to take it very easy for the first 100 miles or so, keep out of that yellow section on the eco meter if possible.

Dont think I touched the red section for nearly 250 miles.

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Badger

Postby Badger » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:26 pm

thanks all for the help, have now done 388 miles since the brush change and without any probs , until recently that is - started to feel that characteristic lurching/hesitating/pulsing of power that i originally attributed to worn brushes but now it only happens when passing the 40-53mph mark and never at lower speeds, so -up on ramps and check brushes -they where fine so i put them back in and dealt with my damaged inspection gasket with a non-toxic alternative to rtv, a tube of rubbermilk which i use when fitting window frames and the like.
I have had a range of other anomolies regarding range and then charging that is it started to go to limp/ecu light and limited range warning at anything between 35-55%remaining power this has since stopped and can now run down to 0% repeatedly but unless i have run the power right down it will only charge to 98% and less and less if i dont go down below about 40% before charging then i loss another percent every time i charge this situation is only changed by running the power right down before charging.
I realise that i am well overdue a maint charge but as i am exhuasted with trying to get alleged equiped citroen garages to do it my only avenue now is to get an evlite and do it meself which will happen but only after my house is sold(a few weeks away)in the mean time any advice on my seemingly always weird symptoms is greatly received
thany manks!

www.woodrum.co.uk

aminorjourney

Postby aminorjourney » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:00 am

Brill!

So are you coming to the Bristol Pub meet on July 4th? You can bring the Berlingo and charge at my place (just down the road from the pub)
Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield

EVangelist and Media Relations Coordinator, www.ZeroCarbonWorld.org
Host, www.transportevolved.com

http://about.me/aminorjourney/bio

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:36 pm

Charging at more than 50% can result in it not recieving a full 100% charge on the meter, have you noticed that it effects the range as well i.e only charges to say 90% and this has a knock on of 10% reduction in range ?

Driving habits and terrain can also confuse the hell out of the energy meter as well, or it seems to effect some folks meter and others not so much if at all ?

Glad its much happier now.

ChrisB

Badger

Postby Badger » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:57 pm

ChrisB wrote:Charging at more than 50% can result in it not recieving a full 100% charge on the meter, have you noticed that it effects the range as well i.e only charges to say 90% and this has a knock on of 10% reduction in range ?

situation of work being only say ten miles, coupled with occasional power loss at 35% and a couple of times i have had down to 55% and the ecu lights up, so often have not wanted to risk not getting home so have been operating a very 'opportunist' charging routine. since then i have managed to run down to 0% and now only seem to have this problem of not charging fully and i would say that a charge to 97% would have a 28% reducing effect on range. as i mentioned though i do believe a maint charge is overdue and i shall do this asap.
am currently a bit more concerned in the long term about this lurching or hesitating of the motor at higher speeds which disapears when i slighty reduce acceleration and so far it continues to go up to about 60 mph only to reappear the next time i go up through say 42-53mph or thereabouts.
any ideas ?

4th of July eh i have to see as lots on at mo more than e'er before. but thank you i certainly hope to .

www.woodrum.co.uk

Badger

Postby Badger » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:38 pm

Hello all again i have decided to update my woes for me blingo as it is now off the road and awaiting my attention but i dont know where to start .
Basically the lurching that was previously happening at 42-53 mph is now happening at 0-10mph (whilst driving home it kept cutting out aswell- only just made it!!!) accompanied with a horrible scratching/grating sound that sounds like the brushes but they were checked not long ago they were looking okay -springs ok, commutator looked only a little darkened from my previous brush with the brushes-I have definately seen worse. I have never checked the gear box oil so i shall of course do this and check the brushes again but if anyone has any other suggestions i would be very interested :?: :? :?:

www.woodrum.co.uk

Flying John
Site Staff

Postby Flying John » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:06 pm

Does sound like brushes again. That would be my first port of call.

Whip off the cover - just look see if one brush has perhaps disintegrated. I had a brand new brush just break up on my very first OEM set.

Check for lots of bits of carbon on the black cover plate when you remove it.

JOhn

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:16 pm

Oh dear that doesnt sound good :(

How many miles have you done do you think with this new set of brushes ?

ChrisB

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”