Berlingo gear box oil

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
ChrisB

Berlingo gear box oil

Postby ChrisB » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:55 pm

Well my next job is to look at the Berlingo gearbox oil level and top it up if required as it does appear to only hold 0.5 ltr :shock: and I've heard rumors it can leak out and cause major bearing failure :cry:

So this is my next job this weekend..............................

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:39 pm

Right well today I got round to check the oil in the gearbox

First off get some oil , the gearbox uses EP 75w/80 API GL5

Then find a flat place and remove the offside wheel

You may need to remove some of the plastic inner wheel trim, mine has already gone due to the battery change but I need to re-fit it as it does protect some connections around the vac pump.

You should now see the gearbox filling plug if you peer behind the drive shaft.

Then its just a case of undoing it ...........yeah right , I couldnt get a spanner on it , nor a socket so ended up finding a bit of square bar that fitted the square hole in the plug and on the end of a 9mm socket as below

I removed the plug which wasnt that tight and about 10ml of oil splurged out and the van was tipped to the left a bit so it looks like it was actually slightly over filled , suits me 8)

So the plug went back in and jobs a good one, but I am a lot happier now I know theres a good amount of oil in the box.

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”