Berlingo IGBET Melty

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
ioniser10

Berlingo IGBET Melty

Postby ioniser10 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:14 pm

Removed and stripped berlingo control unit to have a look inside.
The charge battery light was coming on after about 4 miles yet theres 163v at the unit off load after a few days of being stood. I could smell toasty circuit board when i opened it up. I removed the main contactors and control pcb and the C2E1 connection on the IGBET has been getting very hot and the plastic has melted all around it. I wonder if the voltage is dropping at this connection and the battery light is coming on. I searched rs for a spare but they dont list them. I can get them from america for $203 but does anyone know where i can get one in the uk. The batterys are marked 2001 it is a 2001 van must be original batteries. I will be checking individual pack voltages tomorrow. It is a decent van so would be worth repairing rather than using it for parts. If the batteries are dead i will be looking at replacing them with something else maybe trojans
or li-on. IM going to replace the IGBET rebuild everything and add voltage/amps gauges and check the voltage ectr.. while driving with the batteries under various loads. My other berlingo was losing 5 percent charge at night the circulation pump was running nearlly all the time. I noticed when i turned the steering wheel the headlights dipped. I removed the aux 12v batt and terminal voltage was 10.67 im not even going to bother with this battery. I replaced it and havnt heard the pump running since. The van was getting nearlly 40 miles with this problem and i expect ill get around 50 miles now the power isnt being drained by the converter.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:24 am

I dont think theres a IGBET available over here :cry: TFP had to get his from the states as well :cry:

Pumps running after ign switch off is standard 12v batt being dead.

2001 batts should be fine, I'd say take some voltage reading if you can when there supposed to be flat :wink:

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Flying John
Site Staff

Postby Flying John » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:04 pm

I used one of those hall effect ring current sensors to provide a dispaly of traction and regen current. They are simple to use - 12 volts supply and you get a "- 0 +" voltage ouutput proportional to the current flowing. Cost about 20 quid from farnell.

It would be nice to have a pair of wires from each batt pack with high (megohm) series resistors, bought up to the dashboard and a double pole switch to be able to measure the pack voltages as you drive too.

John

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”