Urgent berlingo help needed

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
Teslas fag packet

Urgent berlingo help needed

Postby Teslas fag packet » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:59 pm

A friend of mine is looking to buy a Berlingo there are two available to him. This is relating to the post that Niki posted in the for sale section from that chap on ebay.

They both have faults, one wont go into drive and the fault light is on, is this a big problem and how can we check if it is a big problem?

and the other, there is no power steering and some of the dash doesn't work (what ever that means) fuse?

I work in electronics and i know no fear So please help were going to look at them TOMORROW (Sunday)

So please be quick

Cheers
Tes 8)
Yorkshire isn't just a place, it's a state of mind!

http://www.minievolution.com/

julian295

Postby julian295 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:17 pm

Hi Tes

I bought the one actually listed on ebay. It seems to be in good order, although I've only done a few miles in it so far. Also the seller seemed to be a decent chap.

Best regards

Julian
1999 Citroen Berlingo Electrique 500E
2005 Powabyke with tag-along trailer bike

Teslas fag packet

Postby Teslas fag packet » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:28 pm

Thanks julian, from what i hear from stu mi friend, he is a nice chap, i think there has been great demand for these and he is scraping the barrel with what he can lay his hands on i.e the one's with faults are left

From what i gather this bloke has access to a fleet that is being decommissioned

i could also be suffering Chinese whispers as I'm only going by what I'm told

I guess i will know more tomorrow

where's Chris B i need him to tell me were mad for even looking.

julian295

Postby julian295 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:50 pm

I'm curious to know what sort of money he's after for the faulty Berlingos.

Best regards
Julian
1999 Citroen Berlingo Electrique 500E

2005 Powabyke with tag-along trailer bike

Teslas fag packet

Postby Teslas fag packet » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:07 pm

Well Mi mate Stu didn't get one, as he was out bid by a nice chap from Hull or should i say 'ULL got the worker with the power staring fault for £3000 we changed fuse 12 on sight and the pump ran and the dash worked again, but still no power steering, but it dawned on me later that it may have need priming by moving the wheel for lock to lock, but any way it doesn't matter now, coz

I BOUGHT THE DEAD ONE for £1762 and it arrives on sunday

It shows a full 100% SOC every thing works heater PS coolant pump. but the fault light is on and the main contractor doesn't thought and it wont move.

It arrives Sunday then i can start playing :)

P.S i wont be giving up on the mini before you ask

any help or advice would be great

Tes :wink:

MalcolmB

Postby MalcolmB » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:27 pm

Congratulations Tes, sounds like you might have a bargain there. You planning on selling the Prius or just building up your own fleet of EVs :)

Teslas fag packet

Postby Teslas fag packet » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:34 pm

WHAT sell the prius NO chance she just sailed though another MOT without so much as a nut turning.

i really couldn't turn it down for that price, and MRS Tesla thought it was a good plan too.

would be useful as a van as well as our weekend runabout 8)

Giddy giddy giddy

timpootle

Postby timpootle » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:21 pm

I'll be interested to see what you find when you get the lid off the controller.

I had a plan to take a feed out to a heater in the cabin, so that it could run off mains power after the charging had finished. Never did it, though. I want to leave it original while it all works.
Tim Crumpton

qdos

Postby qdos » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:06 pm

wooooh! Good price ! Well done :D

EVan

Postby EVan » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:12 pm

Tesla's fag packet wrote:It shows a full 100% SOC every thing works heater PS coolant pump. but the fault light is on and the main contractor doesn't thought and it wont move.

It arrives Sunday then i can start playing :)

any help or advice would be great

My advice would be: If you can't get it running, don't play about with the controller.
Several of the units that I've repaired have been badly wrecked by people having a go at what was initially a simple fault. This makes it a much more time consuming and expensive job.

It's also potentially dangerous. I've seen the remains of a socket welded between the battery and motor terminals on top of a controller, where someone has apparently tried to qualify for a Darwin Award.

Good luck!

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”