Urgent berlingo help needed

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
timpootle

Postby timpootle » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:02 am

What's RTV by the way?

Room Temperature Vulcanising rubber. Engineers' bath sealant.

Congratulations Tes, I'm impressed with the fault-finding. We must meet up half way sometime. I think we could both manage that, range-wise.
Last edited by timpootle on Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tim Crumpton

julian295

Postby julian295 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:14 pm

I've just looked in my berlingo's rad & it looks empty! This business of flushing out all the coolant sounds like a real pain.

Does anyone know the capacity of the system, so one knows how much new antifreeze to put in, assuming a 50% mix? If you know the capacity then you don't need to get all the flushing water out.

Many thanks

Julian
1999 Citroen Berlingo Electrique 500E
2005 Powabyke with tag-along trailer bike

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:26 pm

Nice one TFP, dont suppose you flashed your digi cam about while doing the repair :wink: would be interesting to see the damaged bits etc

The flash over issue has been seen before, also can be due to slight gearbox oil leak (dont forget to check that gearbox oil as it only holds an egg cup full :shock: )
Looks like its worth us all looking at that bottom inspection cover seal !!

julian295 wrote:I've just looked in my berlingo's rad & it looks empty! This business of flushing out all the coolant sounds like a real pain.

Does anyone know the capacity of the system, so one knows how much new antifreeze to put in, assuming a 50% mix? If you know the capacity then you don't need to get all the flushing water out.

Many thanks

Julian

Julian , the system holds about 14 litres , I run a 50/50 mix or there abouts, the main thing is though not to mix different anti-freezes, I tested some red in with some of the orginal and it made the red stuff go sort of stringy ? :shock:

The Blue didnt seem to do this so I went with the blue after a good flushing to be on the safe side, but to be honest I wouldnt relie on the colour but make sure its flushed well :wink: its not that hard really.

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Teslas fag packet

Postby Teslas fag packet » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:10 pm

Thanks Chris i checked for oil and there was no sign i think i might pull the cover off in a month or so and have another look to see how things are getting on.

Tim that would be a great idea i don't know what sort of range I'm getting yet i have been driving around on the charge that was there when i got it. i charged it up this Sunday from 25% so i will let you know how i do range wise.

We could grab a coffee somewhere 8)

**please note "Coffee" is subject to terms and conditions and may include beer or other beverages, no purchase necessary, only one per household
Yorkshire isn't just a place, it's a state of mind!

http://www.minievolution.com/

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:52 pm

Tesla's fag packet wrote:Thanks Chris i checked for oil and there was no sign i think i might pull the cover off in a month or so and have another look to see how things are getting on.............

TFP regardless of lack of oil leaks DO check the level, theres a couple of pics further down the forum of me doing mine :wink:

The box holds such a pityful amount that if it loses just a drip it can spell curtains for the bearings :cry: I know a chap whos already had to pull the motor out and replace them so hence why I say its critical, this was after Citreon had supposedly serviced it :roll: :shock:

ChrisB

Teslas fag packet

Postby Teslas fag packet » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:09 pm

Ok thanks i will have a look this weekend, nice post by the way. They don't like making simple jobs easy do they.

The square drive looks like the standard French sump plug tool

like these only without the price.

http://www.justoffbase.co.uk/Tool-Shop/ ... Plug-Tools

Lucky you had that random bit of stock laying around :)
Yorkshire isn't just a place, it's a state of mind!

http://www.minievolution.com/

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:11 pm

Tesla's fag packet wrote:.........Lucky you had that random bit of stock laying around :)

Yes you could say just a small bit of random'ness that I have laying about :oops: :wink: :lol:

One of many :oops:

ChrisB

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”