Unknown EVlite code

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
dmason

Unknown EVlite code

Postby dmason » Tue May 21, 2013 4:26 pm

Hi All,

I plugged the van in yesterday and it didn't start charging, then I noticed the electrical fault light was on so plugged in the evlite and there is a fault code - C0.
I don't see this fault in the manual so haven't cleared it yet. Does anyone have an idea what it is? I've emailed Evan but no word back yet.

Cheers,

David

highend

Re: Unknown EVlite code

Postby highend » Tue May 21, 2013 7:39 pm

C0 - error thermal safety charger

Check if you have enough coolant in smaller Cooler section - this is to cool controller

harry morris

Postby harry morris » Tue May 21, 2013 7:48 pm

dmason wrote:Hi All,

I plugged the van in yesterday and it didn't start charging, then I noticed the electrical fault light was on so plugged in the evlite and there is a fault code - C0.
I don't see this fault in the manual so haven't cleared it yet. Does anyone have an idea what it is? I've emailed Evan but no word back yet.

Cheers,

David

Hello DAVID, haven't got a clue what the problem is with your van, but I thought id'e put my ten pence worth in by saying that for the past 18 months or so the electrical warning light has been on on my (SHINY) red van and my evLite says the fault is D4 EO QO haven't got a clue what it means but it won't clear when I press the CLEAR FAULTS button,and the van runs perfectly and has done ever since iv'e owned it which is now three years.
As for EVAN TUER I have tried to contact him several times since last year with no response whatsoever, so I think we've lost our SCOTTISH GURU, I think FLYING JOHN said our numbers are dwindling and wear down to 52 vans actually on the road at this time, still the fancy NISSAN LEAF can only do 75 miles of (NORMAL) driving so I think we should press on with our trusty steeds, cheers HARRY

highend

Postby highend » Tue May 21, 2013 9:54 pm

about D4 error in Berlingo, you need Lexia interface to clear it (reprogram controller parameters) - lexia can be bought on ebay for less than £100, much more fuctions than eVlite (but you need laptop with windows xp and lexia software - google is your friend ;)) - also it is very easy to use, you can connect to sagem controller and also to webasto heater with lexia, check them, reset, etc....

E0 Q0 - are I think something with insulation, clear coal dust from engine, check brushes... etc. <- but I may not be right with these two, maybe somebody else will say?

and btw. Nissan Leaf does 100 miles per charge with 50mph/hr cruising, tested :) don't compare modern car with old Berlingo - anyway berlingo is still pretty attractive and NiCads are strong & long lasting when treated properly

dmason

Postby dmason » Wed May 22, 2013 9:50 am

Thanks highend,

Just checked the coolant levels and it was way down on both sides, I have topped it up and cleared the fault and now its charging.
Now the question is why the levels were down so much on both sides, I checked the coolant not long ago and topped up a bit with water.
Since I have had the van I have barely had to top up the coolant, so I'm a bit worried something else is happening. I have been looking under the van for
the last half hour or so since it started charging but no sign of any leaks.
I will have to get under there and have a look at the battery box drainage holes and see if there is any sign of leakage.
I'm just wondering if the radiator cap wasn't screwed on properly if that could have allowed coolant to evaporate?
Also I noticed in the right hand compartment there was some black residue higher up, that doesn't make me feel very happy.
But at least the controller doesn't seem to have been damaged.

dmason

Postby dmason » Wed May 22, 2013 9:56 am

Oh one more question for highend, Does the Lexia interface allow you to reprogram the throttle pedal calibration in the ECU?
My pedal calibration went for the third time a few months ago and as Harry mentioned Evan is incommunicado and he has recalibrated the ECU for me in the past.

Cheers

highend

Postby highend » Wed May 22, 2013 1:57 pm

about leaks - for controller I have no idea, just check all connections.
for batteries if there is hose damaged you will notice it when driving. I mean make some round trip, stop and quickly look under van if there is something leaking.

If there is something black in coolant (no idea what) - you could remove all coolant and put a new one and observe. Maybe something from outside (dust?) is coming to coolant and also there is a hole it leaks - but thats just wondering.

Another idea is that your radiator might got rusty and it leaks on both sides, also rust comes inside and makes coolant dirty. Check cooler too. I've had in one van need to replace whole cooler.

I don't think coolant could evaporate because of cap....
So now check it more frequently to avoid driving without and you have to find the problem.

Lexia interface will allow you to check throttle pedal voltage (in realtime) but not reprogramming.

Flying John
Site Staff

Postby Flying John » Tue May 28, 2013 9:06 pm

That light (Orange, picture of a diode) indicates a leakage current. My van has also had this light on for 3 years with no apparent detrimental affect. It is a permanant fault and cannot be cleared usingt the Lexia or Citroens own workshop tool the DIAG 2000.

It appears to be a result of carbon dust build up in the motor. But to clear ALL carbon would require a motor strip down.

John

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Thu May 30, 2013 5:44 pm

Its there on a lot of berlingos, its a leak in the motor windings, mine used to get worse in the rain. But it performed perfectly well.
A decent blow out is worth doing I have a section of 8mm polyeurethane air line that I can push into the motor without fear of doing any damage.

Grumpy-b

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”