Shock from Berlingo

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
Grumpy-b

Shock from Berlingo

Postby Grumpy-b » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:24 pm

Has anyone ever suffered from a shock from a Berlingo. Someone locally with one is getting shock from the vehicle structure. Yet to go and have a look, but any ideas?

Grumpy-b

Grumpy-b

Re: Shock from Berlingo

Postby Grumpy-b » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:04 am

Broken Earth wire in the mains lead. Means that the small current normally put to the chassis to detect insulation leaks is available to earth through anyone touchingthe metal on the vehicle. Cable repaired. Problem goes away.

Grumpy-b

timpootle

Postby timpootle » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:46 pm

Is this current only there when charging, or does it come from the traction pack? I had an idea the traction pack was centre-earthed (+/- 80V), but I have never noticed the connection when looking under the car.

Was your friend using and RCCB or ELCB when charging? I thought a broken earth lead would have tripped the CB. Or am I getting it wrong again?
Tim Crumpton

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:11 pm

It only seemed to be there when charging and is a very small current. Like a small prick rather than a serious shock. With the earth lead sorted the problem has gone away. I am sure its a DC current so Its not going to be seen as an imbalance on the trip. The trip is the normal earth trip. I had one of mine do this a while ago, but since I took it off the road just after I got it I thought little about it. But the lead also had a broken earth in it. I didnt put two and two together at the time. SO looks like its a nornal situation. In the past I have measured about 70v between the battery pack and the earth, purely by accident while trying to put the meter across the centre pack.
Whaterver the problem its now sorted and works fine.

Grumpy-b

mattcarr

Postby mattcarr » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:29 am

It must be that time of year for charging leads !!!. Mine stopped working and it turned out to be a broken live cable in the lead. Had to open open up and repair the lead - noticed that the cable tails were a bit tight in so gave them a bit more slack when I repaired it - hopefully this won't happen again.

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”