Mystery Leak

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
dmason

Mystery Leak

Postby dmason » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:41 am

I have just come back from two weeks away and as I pulled out of the drive in my Berlingo for the first time I felt liquid leak onto my left foot under the dash.
I continued driving and as I made a sharpish turn some more liquid leaked out. I stopped the vehicle and had a look under the dash with a torch it seemed the liquid was coming from higher up the bulkhead behind the steering column but it was difficult to see exactly where from. The liquid had the consistency of water and my first thought was that rainwater had leaked in pooled somewhere and with the movement of the vehicle it had sloshed out and leaked through into the footwell, but now I am worried it might be a leak from the front battery pack or somewhere else.
I would really appreciate any ideas on this!
Thanks!

timpootle

Re: Mystery Leak

Postby timpootle » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:43 pm

Neither the battery watering nor cooling plumbing goes through the cabin, so you're safe there. I guess it must be either rainwater or cabin heater antifreeze.
Tim Crumpton

dmason

Postby dmason » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:53 am

Thanks Tim, that's a relief!

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:46 pm

Has to be rain or heater. Heater bulkhead fitting is on Drivers side. Heater is a dash out job to remove. Not as awful as it sounds, about 1.5 hrs to get it out . I have spares. But it is a standard Berlingo non aircon heatre unit.
#Grumpy-b

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”