Fuses

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
Richard Elliott

Fuses

Postby Richard Elliott » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:14 pm

The Berlingo stopped charging today at 75%. It isn't a fault in the lead or a fuse or the garage supply tripped. I'm sure I've seen a list of which fuse is for what under the dash but blowed if I can find it. Does anybody know which fuse the charging system is (hoping there is one and thats the problem!)
Richard Elliott

Richard Elliott

Re: Fuses

Postby Richard Elliott » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:48 pm

Hmmmmmm!! Well, nothing to do with a fuse!! The Battery Coolant had dropped below the minimum in a big way. It wasn't in sight in the radiator and took 5 litres to bring it back to the right level. Then all was well. Despite the amount that was missing I can find no sign of a leak. Maybe it only leaks when its hot? I can't imagine it runs so low just by evaporation but, as I say, no sign of a leak. I had to remove a traction battery fuse and the 12v auxiliary battery to get it to reset and start pumping and charging again.
Richard Elliott

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:10 pm

If the temp goes high it shuts down. WHich side was the low side in the rad. Drivers side is the controller, Passenger side is the batteries. Look for leaks from the drain holes on the underside of the battery cases, and look for leakage on the radiator core.

Grumpy-b

Richard Elliott

Postby Richard Elliott » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:13 pm

Well learnt something there! Didn't know the two sides related to different parts of the system. It was the passenger side that was short. No sign of leakage from the drain holes on the battery packs. Although there was a lot of water about making it not too easy to spot even after bringing it into the garage.
Richard Elliott

highend

Postby highend » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:58 pm

I have same problem - passenger side getting empty (has to fill over 1 litres) after driving 20 miles.
I noticed leak from cooling pipes under van - just in front of biggest battery pack. There is metal cover and I removed it to investigate. I'm doing it right now. Just returned to computer.

Also I've removed one cooling pipe from rear battery pack to see if there is coolant in the pipes and...... nothing there - so I'm worried that rear pack has no battery cooling :(

how does cooling rotation works? while charging there is no coolant rotation (only in SAGEM part in cooler)... then only when driving?

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:22 pm

Coolant does flow through the batteries during charge.

Grumpy-b

highend

Postby highend » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:16 pm

OK, but when you open cooler tap you see only controller part is buzzing.... and battery part is calm while charging.
Also when I topped cooler - there was no leaks during charging, only when driving... but maybe hole in pipe was "moving" during driving.

anyway I exchanged 5cm of pipe (was damaged by person who replaced center battery pack and squashed cooling pipe).
So for all: be careful when remove heavy center pack not to damage anything....

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:49 am

All three of theones that I have run have had coolant running when charging.
Quite possible that a slightly different Controller version works differently.
I always cut back the clear cover to the cells on this particular pipe, it is just slightly too tight.

Grumpy-b

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”