Berlingo ELectrique Queries

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
vincent7

Berlingo ELectrique Queries

Postby vincent7 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:16 pm

Hi all,

I have some small queries I hope you can help with.

I have a berlingo electrique which has been driving very well since I got it and has full range. I noticed recently a loss of power for a few seconds when driving. I am assuming I have a build up of carbon on the motor at the brushes. Does this sound right?

Note, the previous owner changed the brushes about 2000 miles ago.

Also I noticed the radiator has 2 sections to fill what is each section for?

Thanks for the help.

Vinny

Grumpy-b

Re: Berlingo ELectrique Queries

Postby Grumpy-b » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:51 am

The nearside of the radiator cccols the battery packs,the smaller side on the drivers side cools the controller. Water level is important. Make sure both sides are at least half height in the top tank. Antifreeze is also important. Also make sure your heater has antifreeze in the tank to the back of the nearside of engine bay. I built my electrique multispace and just put water in it. The heater system froze solid. Doh.
Occasionally both mine cough but generally when going from reverse to forward . It can be a sign of brush problems. Just because they were changed, doesnt mean all is OK. Check them yourself and check the state of the commutator. There is a thread for that here. Its also important to check the brushes slide in their holder easily. If there are gouges on the sides of the brush then you need to clean out (could need a file) the lump that will be on one side of the holder.
If you are worried, check it out. Trolley jack, axle stands, 10mm socket for the cover and brush holder locks, and I think a 8mm (might be wrong) 1/4 socket with short extension for the power cables to the brush holder. Add about an hour. If you have access to one, use an air line to blow out the comm area and motor internals.
If you need more brushes, look at my recent post
Grumpy-b

vincent7

Re: Berlingo ELectrique Queries

Postby vincent7 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:06 pm

thanks, when i get the brushes checked i will get back to you

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”