charging advice

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
DJR

charging advice

Postby DJR » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:47 pm

Hi I am new to EV's but have bought a berlingo and feel I ought to check the brushes an do a maintenance charge
before I start to use it ?
as I live in the Macclesfield area I was wondering if there was anyone out there Local who would be kind enough to come over or lend me a EV lite ?
the car has a milage of 17000 and is an 04. plate

timpootle

Re: charging advice

Postby timpootle » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:37 pm

Hello DLR. Welcome!

I see GrumpyB has got you sorted with a new 12v battery.

Where did you get your van from? We have a member John O'Reilly who lives in Macclesfield and another Tim Strutt who is up in the hills beyond Leek. They both come to our Manchester-Cheshire social occasionally. I can't remember whether they both have an EvLite, but one of them does. Or you could buy your own from Evan. (I have always borrowed one when I needed to, so I can't really talk...)

When checking brushes, go the whole hog and check all 4. The two you can't see through the access hole are the ones that wear most! You can do it without jacking up the car if you have a long enough extension for the clamp bolt.
Tim Crumpton

highend

Postby highend » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:52 pm

maybe he bought this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2005-55-REG-Citroen-Berlingo-500E-ELECTRIQUE-VAN-ZERO-ROAD-TAX-SAVE-S-/130664204938

quite expensive I think...?

ooops, not this one - he wrote 04 plate, and this one is 55 plate - anyway somebody bought it.

DJR

Postby DJR » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:21 pm

HI
have had a look at the brush that is easy to see and has a good 10mm left to the wear line I THINK I should be ok for a couple of thousand miles?

any comments welcome.

DJR.

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”