Use a D where a G should go!

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
Grumpy-b

Use a D where a G should go!

Postby Grumpy-b » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:18 pm

With cells failing all over the place, I have finally taken the plunge and used D cells where G s should be.
The easy bit is connecting the terminals. I used other straps and cut and shaped them before bolting together. Being copper they are relatively easy to manipulate. So I even put a slight step in them so that they rest level. Simple M8 bolts and they work well. The difficult bit is the Watering tubes. If you have some ridgid tube it would probably be easier. I used some of the coolant pipes that go across the full width of the 11 cell pack, they have at least one nice right angle in them that I used on the outside edge and looped between the cells to the other side. On the end the connection along the whole length of the end was easy to cut and shorten.
Not sure how good the photos are, my camera battery failed at the important moment. SO these are off my phone.
Attachments
Image0217.jpg
Image0217.jpg (1.25 MiB) Viewed 4589 times
Image0215.jpg
Image0215.jpg (1.23 MiB) Viewed 4589 times
Image0214.jpg
Image0214.jpg (1.01 MiB) Viewed 4589 times

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”