Bent Berlingo

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
ChrisB

Re: Bent Berlingo

Postby ChrisB » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:06 pm

wattson wrote:After 6.5 hours it was showing over 100 percent so I un hooked it & tried it..

Had it actually completed the charge i.e the energy meter had returned to zero and the pumps switched off ???

You MUST ALWAYS allow it to complete the charge TOTALLY, even more so if it hasnt been used for a long time.

Yes you can get away with doing partial charges every now and then but it will remember these and add extra time to the equalisation time.

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

wattson

Postby wattson » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:33 pm

Thank you, Chris, I did not realise that - its such a long time since I had my Clio electrique I forget these things! There seems to be no problems but it is not in service yet.
My friend & I have Porta powered the rear out & it looks straight. The damage seems to all be rear of the rear axle, not affecting the geometry, although the rear panel was 5mm from the rear battery fuses! As it seems OK I have ordered an EVlite & will do my homework. I shall keep it for a while. The batteries are dated 2002 & the Blingo has 28000 kms on it.
Bent Berlingo

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:35 am

Sounds like you've got a good'en there then, 2002 batteries should be OK, but I wouldnt start using it until you carry out a maint charge and watering.

While your waiting for the EVlite to arrive, it might be wise to start looking around for a source of "good" pure water, the better quality the water the happier the batteries will be and the longer they will last.

You can get away with "de-ionised" stuff but if you can find someone who will supply better then go for that, allow for a good 20ltrs for your first watering, you dont want to run out half way and have to carry the whole thing out again.

I have got a source of medical grade pure water which I use and that seems to be very good.

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”