What should I do with a weak Berlingo?

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
evanmjones

What should I do with a weak Berlingo?

Postby evanmjones » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:32 pm

I'm after some advice.

In April my Blingo suffered a sudden range drop and I've hardly driven it since. Not least because the last time it ran out quite soon after the light came on and I needed a tow for the last few hundred yards home.

I had a lot of helpful advice from people here but I don't have the knowledge, or the time, to do anything about it.

I'm in Cardiff. If anyone knows of a garage round here that can do elecric vehicles (I can't find one) who could have a look that would be great. Frankly, if anyone knows of a competent garage /anywhere/ that would be good as I could probably get it shipped there.

Otherwise I guess the only thing I can reasonably do is to sell it. It's not reliable at the moment and the low range means I can't do all the things I used to. Trouble is I really, really enjoyed that van and I really don't want to sell it if it can be helped.

Any opinions are very welcome.

Evan

timpootle

Re: What should I do with a weak Berlingo?

Postby timpootle » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:07 pm

Have a read of this helpful, recent post:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2873

Not driving it as soon as range started to decrease was exactly the right thing to do. I wish I had done the same with my short-ranger, which is now very short range indeed.

Good luck in finding a local expert. These vans are all getting to the age of needing some knowledgeable TLC, but the support is hard to come by. Let us know how you get on.
Tim Crumpton

harry morris

Postby harry morris » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:31 pm

Hello there, very sorry to here about your problems with your berligo, sad to say but this sounds like a serious battery problem you have, and you were right to stop using the vehicle right away to minimise any further damage to the cells.
Unfortunately you do need some D I Y skills to service these machines and we have amongst us some very highly skilled people who can help enormously with many problems but alas this would be of no use to yourself it would seem.
Perhaps the best course of action would be to offer the vehicle for sale firstly through our forums and failing that put it on eBay where it will attract much interest, I can understand your love for the vehicles as when they are running they are terrific but you have to look carefully at the expense of transporting the vehicle to those that can help plus whatever replacement parts and cells that will be needed, sorry to be all doom and gloom,cheers HARRY MORRIS

chatwindows

Postby chatwindows » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:35 pm

I think I'm right in remembering a chap taking his Blingo all the way up to Evan. As I understand it, he booked in at a series of caravan parks with electric hook up & once charged, carried on. Not the ideal, but what a guy? When I was buying mine, I met a chap up in the Manchester area called Charles Rodew Rhodes who said that he would be prepared to travel to me in the Midlands for a fee, to advise or repair. He did seem to be very knowledgeable about the Blingo & was a nice guy. His number is 07725526037. I have not had cause to call him out thankfully, but it's nice to know there is someone out there all the same.
Hope you get sorted, for like me you seem to enjoy your Blingo. I just don't know what I will do when mine dies. I cannot imagine going back to an IC engined vehicle after the luxury of electric.
chatwindows.

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”