Blingo range

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
chatwindows

Blingo range

Postby chatwindows » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:19 pm

Hello boys & girls.
I too had a panic attack during the very cold spell around Xmas. My charge light came on one evening at about 45% & 28 miles showing. I managed to get home alright but was slowed down automatically at 20% which happened in about four miles. I contacted Evan who held my hand for me & said it was probably the low temperature. It was minus 6! The next day pretty much the same scenario, but as the temperature was forecast to rise somewhat, I decided to do a maintenance charge, even though I was a month away from a planned charge. I went through the M/C & topped up the batteries with the reduced volume & hoped for the best. Temp dropped again but I continued to monitor mileage, charge etc. Bearing in mind I have reduced the tyre pressures for added stabilty & grip on the icy country roads that I frequent, I am now back to around forty miles before the light comes on "IF" I take my time. I had to go into Burton last week on the A38 & trying to drive at my usual 30-45 mph is almost impossible. Coming back at around 55-60 mph my charge light came on again at 35% & 29 miles. I hasten to add, that back to normal motoring has not seen it on since, even though I have been down to less than 30% on a couple of occasions. I'm hoping that as Evan suggested, it is just the very low temperatures that are reducing the efficiency of the batteries. After all, we all know what lead acids are like in these conditions.
All the best, John.

Grumpy-b

Re: Blingo range

Postby Grumpy-b » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:12 am

All sounds fairly normal in cold conditions.
Both of mine are getting low to middle 30s instead of high 30s to 40 miles per charge.
The longer they are left post charge the worse the range is.
Get the best by doing a big a charge as you can and using the vehicle as soon as possible after the charge.
Watering and maintenance is really important, as the cells are stressed enough in the cold weather that heavy loads may cause extra problems and shorts etc interanlly. WOrst of all the dreaded exploding cell syndrome.
If at all possible keep in a garage. I cant do that for either of mine.
Take it easy, be kind to the Blingos, and winter will eventually go away.
You are not alone.

Grumpy-b

ChrisB

Re: Blingo range

Postby ChrisB » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:47 am

Have to admit mines only been out less than half a dozen times since we've had the snow back in ........

So havent really noticed any range issues.....well you dont if its not going anywhere :lol:

Hoping the weather improves soon, with diesel at £1.33 ltrs down here :shock: I'm glad I've got a good stock of cheap veggie oil and I'm able to continue to enjoy a tank full of fuel for less than £40 8) still rubbish compared to EV recharging costs though :(

Springs on its way and all this rain we're having here will soon wash all the salt away and the improvement in temperature will mean I wont have even noticed the low winter range :lol:

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”