First time buyer - advice needed

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
Grumpy-b

Re: First time buyer - advice needed

Postby Grumpy-b » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:12 am

The 12V has been replaced with a nice new one , that I have also charged up just to make sure. The first van to van traction power transplant got the tractionn pack up to 128V. No joy with the charging, even after a couple of hours. Since the charge to the traction batteries was of a limited amperage the voltage soon decreases, ending up at around 88v.
Take 2, 12v still great, van to van traction batteries gave the traction pack to just iver 145V. Plug in charge lead, nothing. after two hours nothing.
Next step is to change in one of my working controllers, and get the traction pack fully charged, If its got duff cells then its questionable if its worth the spending a lot of cash on the vehicle. If they are OK then its back in with the original controller. Try again. Then if no good its off to Evans for a period of rest and recuperation.
The controller does have an error code of D4, which is an ecu error of some sort. I will try clearing that again that before the next test.
All this has really been caused by the excessive 12v failure, taking the main traction pack far too low.
The moral of this is keep an eye on the 12v battery.

Grumpy-b

ChrisB

Re: First time buyer - advice needed

Postby ChrisB » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:40 pm

mmmmm personally it sounds like the controllers got a charging issue, I've heard of vans which the traction pack has been well below 100v mark and they still pull back without any problems, certainly it should fire up with a pack voltage of 145v :?

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”