do berlingos batts lose charge if left sat

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
EVan

Re: do berlingos batts lose charge if left sat

Postby EVan » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:18 pm

Either the charger thinks the batteries are charged (what does the voltage do when you plug it in?) or it's stopping due to a fault. The 12V battery light should not be coming on but let's treat that seperately.

Double check that water is flowing in the narrow side of the radiator.

sticks

Postby sticks » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:43 pm

cheers,when you say voltage,at what or where do you want me check the voltage

EVan

Postby EVan » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:45 pm

Read it on your evlite. Watch what it does while charging until it stops.

sticks

Postby sticks » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:58 pm

Hi guys been a while , I didn't know that you posted back Evan ,
Well all seemed to have rectified itself I thought but low and behold it's started losing abit of charge, currently it will stop chargeing at 95% ,
I have just gone outside and took some readings off the evlite when it stops charging,here goes

Starts at 190v and rises to 212v but as soon as it gets to 213v something happens and the charging noise from the van changes in pitch also the red 12v batt light flicks once and the voltage on the evlite drops to 208v with 0amps and keeps dropping all the way to 190v then charging stops,

I did suffer from this a while back but I thought all was healed watt a fool I was lol

Cheers guys

EVan

Postby EVan » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:00 am

It sounds like the batteries are full but the dial thinks they aren't. Most likely cause: flat 12V battery causing the DC-DC converter to start. The computer is overly pessimistic and the dial moves down faster than it should. Result, the batteries reach full before the dial does.

edit: just like the 1st reply to this 4 page thread suggested. Oh well..

Fit a 1W solar panel to your dashboard. Every Berlingo should have one.

sticks

Postby sticks » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:25 pm

Cheers Evan ,what post do you mean on 1st page.?I changed the 12 v about 6 months ago,the ev lite says batteries are 95% when charge stops,
So you don't think it's worth worrying about then guys.?.

Still got this fault light on , eo codes

Apart from that my van is a pleasure to drive

Cheers

EVan

Postby EVan » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:40 pm

You haven't said if you run the van regularly and down below 50% fairly often. Not doing so can cause this.

Also if you ever notice the pumps running when it's idle, that definitely causes it (regardless of how new the 12v battery is).

If you're sure it's OK on those points then just do a balance charge occasionally to catch the dial up.

sticks

Postby sticks » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:49 pm

Well I do try use as much as I can ,sometimes below 50 and somtimes over 50 ,the only pumps that are on seem to be the brakes? And is slightly noisy but I havnt ever compared it to another van so not sure,

Thanks for your help ,any updates on the Q0 fault code

Cheers

EVan

Postby EVan » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:01 pm

I mean the water pumps, there are two of them which run when charging or driving. Fairly quiet.

If they are either not running, or you spot them running when the vehicle isn't being charged, this gives a clue as to the cause.

sticks

Postby sticks » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:29 pm

Kool,so if it does happen when I check what's the cure a temp sensor or something ,

I pretty certain they work when charging as sometimes noisy, as for driving I think I did hear like a water being pumped round noise before when I was driving

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”