Berlingo with electric diagnostic light on help!!!!!!!!

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
EVan

Postby EVan » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:26 pm

Here you go:
http://www.tuer.co.uk/parts-for-sale.htm

I've emailled you my brush changing guide.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:31 pm

sticks wrote:got an update just now,i rang my localish citreon garage and once they took my reg they said it had been in to them in feb of 2009 and had battery watering servicing and batt swap which is great news!!!!!

he then just recomended me to come in for a diagnostic £75+vat

He's going to recommend a diagnostic, Save your money for an EVlite :wink:

Any ideas on the mileage since the Feb 2009 watering ?? I suspect its pretty close to needing another one unless its done really low mileage.

Advice is to water sooner than later, the watering light should come on at 850ah overcharge from memory, but 500ah is far better for the batteries, this for myself arrives around every 3500 miles.

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

boelle

Postby boelle » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:27 am

since we are on the subject of watering, what do you use for water? i have heard some use the same water you can use for topping up old fashioned car batterys... some just use deionzed water.... others swear to home distilled water... the last one is only possible in norway if it has to be legal, so i remember
Help me build a big local network: http://gogetfunding.com/project/big-local-network
Best Pizza In Town: www.pizzaløg.dk

EVan

Postby EVan » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:38 am

boelle wrote:since we are on the subject of watering, what do you use for water? i have heard some use the same water you can use for topping up old fashioned car batterys... some just use deionzed water....

These two are the same. This is what the dealers use, as well. I have had no sign of problems using it (about 50000 miles topping up with commercial de-ionised water with no battery problems).

It is claimed that this water isn't very good quality and contains a lot of sediment which can collect in the cells, but I haven't seen any evidence of that myself.

others swear to home distilled water... the last one is only possible in norway if it has to be legal, so i remember

Now I have switched to this, mainly because I wasn't able to get the de-ionised water locally (reliably) any more.

I have done two watering operations with it so far, but it will take a long time to pay for itself ;)

boelle

Postby boelle » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:57 am

well if i can talk the girlfriend in to it i will try to get a hold of a saxo from southern france sometime next year but whatever i stick with the nicd's or go lithium depends on how evans 106 is going.. did someone smell me selling nicd's :lol:

anyway i can get rainwater from a 5000 liter tank at the GF's dad... this is pretty much without sediments but since i can destill it why not... it will only take a few hours and can run about 10 liters at a time..

i think this is a bit more like relegion... but as far i see it deionzed water will still have some stuff left... the only way is to go the pure way.. starting with water that is as clear as possible... in my case the destill process might be a bit overkill. but better play safe than sorry
Help me build a big local network: http://gogetfunding.com/project/big-local-network
Best Pizza In Town: www.pizzaløg.dk

Flying John
Site Staff

Postby Flying John » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:10 pm

Get an egg cupfull of deionised and warm it up so the water evaporates and have a look at the crud left.

I will only use home steam distilled water now.

If you dont want to make a still then you can buy small home distillers (all legal these days) and make a litre at a time. They are expensive tho, so make your own. I do 25 litres at a time and have always watered well before any lights come on.

Just plug the Actia DIAG kit in and select maint charge on next charge sequence, let it charge till the light comes on, water and reset the light. Simples.

Just changed my brushes so will probably water too at the weekend. Got the brush change down to an hour now I know where the brush carrier release bolt is. You can do it all from underneath, no need to remove wheels etc.

Got 7800 miles out of the last set and am now at a little over 25000 total miles.

Just think, that would have been about 1000 gallons of petrol - brilliant.

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”