Failure to start

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
evanmjones

Re: Failure to start

Postby evanmjones » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:32 pm

Just to postscript this thread I've not had a single "fail to start" (tempting fate, or what) since I messed with the accelerator connector at the beginning of January, 7 or 8 weeks ago. So I guess that it was a dodgy accelerator connection. Many thanks again for all the advice. Evan

tpike

Postby tpike » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:12 pm

Hi All,

The electrique that our research group uses here at University of Birmingham is suffering from the same problem as listed here, a dodgy throttle position which stops the van from starting unless the throttle is disconnected. However, no amount of fiddling seems to be working in getting this sorted out for the long-term, and unplugging it every time you want to go anywhere is pretty fiddly.

Does anyone have any advice about going about fixing this? We don't have access to an evlite, is there any way to sort this out for good easily without one?

Many thanks

EVan

Postby EVan » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:28 pm

Hi Tom, as I say, email me directly if you'd like it repairing.

tipidave1

Postby tipidave1 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:03 pm

Had exactly the same as you a few months back. Think that the accelerator pedal sometimes does not seat back to its rest position quite right. It has happened 2ce more for me. Each time a small gentle pull on the pedal and it starts ok.
:D

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:53 pm

Suspect the pedal pot either gets out of calibration with the pedal i.e the pot doesnt zero, from memory you can adjust the zero position on the mounting bolts of the pot.
Or the zero part of the pot has become warn and is noisey and needs either cleaning or replacing.

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

EVan

Postby EVan » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:50 am

ChrisB wrote:Suspect the pedal pot either gets out of calibration with the pedal i.e the pot doesnt zero, from memory you can adjust the zero position on the mounting bolts of the pot.

Not really.

Or the zero part of the pot has become warn and is noisey and needs either cleaning or replacing.

ChrisB

that's possible. I've never seen one of these pots go noisy though.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:04 pm

Must admit I didnt think that a noisey pot would be a likely cause, they seem to have sorted that issue out, almost all modern vehicles are "fly by wire" it seems.

But from looking at the throttle pot mount there does appear to be adjustment between the pot and the throttle mech and the fact we get vehicles that wont start unless you hook your foot under throttle and pull it back a little makes me think its calibration drifts between the pot and the mech :?

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”