Digital Volt meter

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
Grumpy-b

Digital Volt meter

Postby Grumpy-b » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:44 pm

I have just received a couple of these ebay items 230333869390
They are a neat big digit size blue lit LCD volt meter capable of 199.9 volts
Ideal for building into the dash of a Berlingo. They also do an ampmeter that matches, but only for 100 amps (comes with a shunt)
Took a bit of time to arrive, but well made and very cheap.

Grumpy-b

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:48 pm

Wow they do look nice, the ampmeter version should be tweakable to more than 100A without too much of an issue, might it be worth asking the seller if they can porduce a bigger one I wonder :?:

Where are you looking to install yours ?

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Flying John
Site Staff

Postby Flying John » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:10 pm

oooh yes they do dont they. Just right for to link up to show total pack voltage --- or with a bit of inginuity to switch between each coffin via a multi pos 2 pole switch switch via some 1-5 meg ohm protection resistors.

John

Flying John
Site Staff

Postby Flying John » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:30 am

Hi Grumpy - just bought one of these too. I think it will look nice mounted on the dash. Are you planning to do anything clever with yours to monitor all of the battery packs, or just connect it in through the top of the controller to monitor total volts.

John

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:27 am

My Multispace dash is a MK 2 version that has a small display on the dash that normally holds the clock and warning system, I intend to build both of the units in there. I will have to sort the Amp meter out to run with at least 200A rather than the 100A I have at the moment.
In the instructions they make a big deal out of having different 12v supplies for both the Volt and Amp meter. Not sure what this is about.

I would consider doing all packs via a switch at some point, but I really see this as a monitoring tool whilst driving rather than a diagnostic tool.

A good well priced product, and delivery was swift. Perhaps they would do an even better price for a bulk purchase.

I have also bought some simple Digital thermometers, really good value as well and even cheapeer than the Volt meters. These are for a SOlar panel system rather than the Blingo, but it will help in setting the temp setting for my Radiator bypass system which will enable the battery coolant to bypass the rad until a fixed temp is reached. The nonworking mode just gives coolant through the rads so it should be a fail safe set up.

Grumpy-b

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:58 pm

I have been in contact the the supplier of these and they can do a 200amp version ebay item 370265891239.
They would also do a discount of 10% for 5 units and 15% for ten units.
Anyone interested?

Grumpy-b

timpootle

Postby timpootle » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:05 pm

yes, I'll have one
Tim Crumpton

Flying John
Site Staff

Postby Flying John » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:34 pm

I offered £5 on ebay for the voltmeter and it was accepted, post free.

I think I will mount it in the the space occupied by the little open bin just under the central airvents. I am hoping it will take two meters eventually, side by side and perhaps a switch in-between too.

John

Flying John
Site Staff

Postby Flying John » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:00 pm

So voltmeter arrived today - lovely blue light and large clear display. . I am going to wire it directly to the total pack voltage via 1 meg resistor in each leg to limit the current to a very small amount as I am not too keen on bringing pack volts into the passenger cabin.

I am going to try and connect via the lid of the cable connecting ally box in the engine compartment - unless anyone else knows a better, simpler place to connect.

John

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:38 pm

Makes me want to get one now :lol:

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”