Blingo

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
Tony Dolby

Blingo

Postby Tony Dolby » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:00 pm

2003 Blingo-e on ebay NOW 22.7.08

Yeeeehaw... er...sorry...

Tony, wot wants one!

mas

Postby mas » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:08 pm

Yes and maybe the vendor will answer your questions because he hasnt replied to the questions I have sent him , I don't know why as yet :?

Have you asked him any ?

mattcarr

Postby mattcarr » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:04 pm

The item has been updated. He has now got the pictures of the actual van for sale and has posted the questions he was asked about it.

mas

Postby mas » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:28 pm

I am finding it hard to get more than very short closed answers to my questions and there is ' not yet' any history available for the vehicle . I think I will follow my instincts and bow out of this one leaving the way clear for others :P

Mas

Tony Dolby

Blingo

Postby Tony Dolby » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:27 pm

Hi mas,

Given the "facts"; 2003, 20k miles, 30-40 max range where should the batteries be now? Do they age regardless of use? or, if abused, could they be brought back with TLC. Is it likely all the cells will be the same?

I think this guy was in error fixing the price at £5k, if he'd started at 4 it would have been rolling by now!

Any info gladly received,

Tony.

mas

Postby mas » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:53 pm

My view was that given the lack of any service history and the fact that any NI-Cad deteriates with age, 4000 would have been more appropriate.

The other thing I thought was baring in mind the orange light you have to assume it has been on sites of some kind and dusty enviroments could completely shaft the nicads via the venting/watering system. Clearly if it had just been used for the odd parcel or goods delivery it wouldnt have an orange light on it would it.

Tony Dolby

Blingo

Postby Tony Dolby » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:12 pm

Yees...

I thought about that but being an aircraft nut thought it could be used on an airfield as they all have them airside.

This biz would keep Sherlock happy!!

Tony.

ChrisB

Re: Blingo

Postby ChrisB » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:47 am

Tony Dolby wrote:Hi mas,

Given the "facts"; 2003, 20k miles, 30-40 max range where should the batteries be now? Do they age regardless of use? or, if abused, could they be brought back with TLC. Is it likely all the cells will be the same?

I think this guy was in error fixing the price at £5k, if he'd started at 4 it would have been rolling by now!

Any info gladly received,

Tony.

Shifted this topic into the Blingo area :wink:

Yep the batteries do age but not on something thats only got 20k on it and a 2003 , unless they have been very badly treated :shock:

I've got a set of 2001/2002 units in my berlingo and can and have got 50-60 miles out of her , it REALLY does depend on driving style and terrain, if you get someone who trys to drive it like a normal ICE powered Blingo then 40miles is about realistic and in a very hilly area and with poor driving style again you could be down as low as 30 in the winter time.
But with just a little thought on how you drive it and keep the speed down to 40 and less and it should easliy manage 50 and on a nice warm day driven carefully 60+ should be achievable 8)

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Tony Dolby

Blingo

Postby Tony Dolby » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:14 pm

Thanks ChrisB,

Came in from work, decided to do some serious bidding on that Ebay Blingo and blow me it's gorn. Took the dogs out for a long walk, kicked a few rocks (we have plenty here) went home and had a beer. :cry:

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:07 pm

:cry: How many times did that happen to me :cry:

In the end had to do the naughty and get over to see my van and wave large sums in front of the owner to get them to pull it off e-bay there and then :wink:

I would always say try and get to see a van and test drive it and then wave a wedge under their noses.

Buying blind can be fraut with scarey's sometimes.

Hope you find one soon.

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”