My Broken Berlingo

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
cianof

Postby cianof » Tue May 06, 2008 12:41 pm

It's great weather to be working on the van. Now that I have to van driving I'm trying to fix all the smaller problems.

I connected it up like this. Fault light is still present after reset.

Yesterday I noticed that the coolant pump was running when I came back from a days hiking. I'm keeping an eye on the coolant level, it doesn't seem to have changed. Is it normal to have the coolant pump activate like this?
Last edited by cianof on Tue May 06, 2008 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Teslas fag packet

Postby Teslas fag packet » Tue May 06, 2008 1:14 pm

could it be a connection to a sensor like the temperature sensor which has been disturbed or wrongly fitted or disconnected during the rebuild, or a bad connection on the multi way connector to the ECU on the controller. look for verdigris / corrosion on the pins too.

other than that it could be a controller fault, have you tried charging the van since, does it charge ok?
Yorkshire isn't just a place, it's a state of mind!

http://www.minievolution.com/

cianof

Postby cianof » Tue May 06, 2008 1:28 pm

Van seems to charge fine.

Are the temperature sensors on one of the battery modules in the battery packs?

The multi way connector looked like it could have been corroded. I'll check them.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Wed May 07, 2008 9:47 pm

Theres only one battery temp sensor which is located on the top set of batteries under the bonnet, the connection to the crate you will find on the front right as you stand in front of the van looking under the bonnet.

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Flying John
Site Staff

Postby Flying John » Thu May 15, 2008 6:03 pm

Might be worth checking the 12v aux battery terminal voltage with the leads disconnected. It is a symptom of a knackered 12v battery if the water pump runs all the time as the DC DC convertor is running all th etime to keep it up to 13volts.

John

cianof

Postby cianof » Thu May 15, 2008 7:04 pm

The Aux battery is currently reading 12.57 Volts.

I am still trying to figure out why the wipers running on from the correct stop position to rest 1/2 way up the windscreen at the end of their cycle. I think this could possibly be related to electrical fault.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Thu May 15, 2008 7:51 pm

Tricky to say if the Aux battery is OK or not, best way is to load it and then take a reading , try bunging on all the lights etc (dont have the ignition on though) and see what the volts drop to, it shouldnt go below 12v really for sometime if it does dip down quickly then suspect it could be duff, with the ignition on and no load the battery should sit around 14v or at the very least 13.8v.

As for the wiper issue I doubt thats anything to do with any electrical fault, thats more to do with the inards of the wiper motor going somewhat up the spout. Theres a little micro switch on a cam inside that makes sure even when you turn off the wipers the motor carrys on opperating until the cam comes round to the wiper resting position before switching off the motor. What can happen is these cams slip or the main output shaft slips and this then makes the resting position of the wipers incorrect.
It will require a new motor or if your feeling brave pull it apart (if you can as a lot of the time their rivited up) and move the cam/shaft back to the correct position 8)

ChrisB

cianof

Postby cianof » Mon May 19, 2008 2:19 pm

My wiper motor lives again!! :D The park position switch is in the riveted part of the motor housing, so had to use the angle grinder to open it up. Cleaned the contacts of the switch, one of them was dirty.

With the lights on I was getting a 13.85 volt reading for the aux battery.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Mon May 19, 2008 3:26 pm

Sorted 8)

Sounds like the Aux battery is fine , is it OK if you apply a load to it with the ignition off though ??

ChrisB

cianof

Postby cianof » Tue May 20, 2008 5:01 pm

I took that voltage reading with the headlights on.

I'm still no closer to figuring out the Electric fault lamp.

Here's a short video of what happens.
http://www.youtube.com/v/JmYcZpcTOTc

I have the loan of an EVlite unit for the next couple of days, I'm hoping to water the batteries tomorrow.

Heres some of the readings I got.
170V 0A 14' 29%
P 0.0kW 0wh

T:12850 0:1560
Counter: 490AH

I tried resetting the water light, but it had no effect on the Fault light.

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”