My Broken Berlingo

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
cianof

My Broken Berlingo

Postby cianof » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:07 pm

My berlingo has quite a few problems, as a result of the previous owner not changing the brushes.

The van charges to 100% but when I go to drive, there's no click from the contactor and the electrical fault light comes on.

The commutator was quite scored from the wires in the old worn out brushes.

I've removed the motor from the van and took the casing and the armature to the local engineering works.

They pressed the armature out from the casing, resurfaced the commutator and replaced the bearings and the seals on the motor.

I've changed the oil the gearbox and am at the stage of reassembling the motor. I just need to get a new set of brushes. If any one has a spare set of brushes that they'd be willing to sell me, please send me a pm.

Once I have the motor back in I'm going to look at getting the controller working.
Last edited by cianof on Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:48 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Badger

Re: My Broken Berlingo

Postby Badger » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:41 pm

cianof wrote: They pressed the armature out from the casing, resurfaced the commutator and replaced the bearings and the seals on the motor.

Hi I was wondering what this cost.
Looks like you have quite a project there! Good luck.
you are more possible than you can powerfully imagine.

www.woodrum.co.uk

cianof

Postby cianof » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:10 am

The trip to the engineers cost 160 euros/120 GBP.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:54 pm

Fantastic set of pics you've added to that post 8)

Wow that com was really badly cut up wasnt it, lets hope it hasnt toasted the controller :cry:

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

cianof

Postby cianof » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:04 pm

Had a look at the main circuit board of the controller this morning

I couldn't spot any broken traces or blown components. There was just one bit on the board where there was a small amount of white powdery residue. Hopefully the controller is okay, and the Electrical Fault Lamp was triggered by the worn out brushes.
Last edited by cianof on Wed May 11, 2011 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Teslas fag packet

Postby Teslas fag packet » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:25 pm

Some nice work there old chap, looking at the PCB It look's like water damage to me and I believe that part of the circuit is responsible for the HI side drive of the main IGBT that PWM's the armature so it’s a hi voltage part of the pcb. Also the screw heads are corroded this may or may not be the actual fault as the IGBT could have failed due to the comm arcing Hope not

Could try putting it all back together and doing an ECU reset (pack fuse out then the 12V,wait a bit and 12V back on then pack fuse back in) and see if the fault go's away, but I would use pcb cleaner on those deposits (With the Power off) :)

Best of luck
Tes
Yorkshire isn't just a place, it's a state of mind!

http://www.minievolution.com/

cianof

Postby cianof » Sun May 04, 2008 11:58 am

Hey Everyone,

I have some good news.......and some bad news....

The good news is that I have my Berlingo back together and it drives. :)

The bad news is that the electrical fault lamp is still showing. :(

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Tue May 06, 2008 7:34 am

Thats great news that its driveing , so is it behaving normally even with the electrical fault light on :?

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

cianof

Postby cianof » Tue May 06, 2008 10:07 am

Van seems to be driving normally as far as I can tell.

I wasn't sure where this lead attaches too. It comes from the negative terminal of the axillary battery. I think it goes under one of the bolts of the controller box. Could someone confirm this?

My wiper seem to rest in the wrong position. When they're on they go the full distance over the windscreen. It's just when I stop they come to rest as in the photo.

Teslas fag packet

Postby Teslas fag packet » Tue May 06, 2008 11:14 am

It's the earth for the controller, if i were you i would connect it ASAP. the bolt that holds the controller down on its back left the one under the 12V battery not the one under the heater, goes though the ring terminal and then in to the controller and body.

This could be why the fault light is on once you have refitted the earth do a reset and see if it comes right, it's nice weather for it 8)
Yorkshire isn't just a place, it's a state of mind!

http://www.minievolution.com/

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”