Berlingo Register - working ?

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here

Please indicate why you think the register does not seem to be working.

I have tried to contact you with my information and failed. (please see my information at the end of this post).
No votes
I tried to create a google account and failed and gave up. (please see my information at the end of this post).
No votes
You have added an entry for me and that is all I want to disclose.
No votes
Even though I control the information that is disclosed, I dont want to register my Berlingo (see my concerns later in this post)
No votes
I dont want to register with another service and I dont have time to send you the information at the moment.
No votes
I dont want to register with another service, but I want to have direct control over the info.
No votes
I do not have a Berlingo.
100%

Total votes: 1

arsharpe

Berlingo Register - working ?

Postby arsharpe » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:38 pm

The Berlingo register has been available for 2 weeks now.

Thanks to Rob.Lincs we now have 2 full entires :-(

I have added initial entries for other people that I know have them, but don't have the full info.

This is potentially a very useful mechanism to allow people to share information and directly contact each other. The maximum benefit comes when most people contribute. It also takes time to manage, etc. So, it seems like a good time to review if people think it is useful to continue to maintain this facility.

I have been asked to manage this register, however I need your help to make complete this by responding to the above questionairre.

Regards,
Rob

------------------------------------
Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:58 pm Post subject:

arsharpe wrote:I have created a initial draft register at Berlingo Register

Notes:-
    1) If you have registered with google documents, send me a PM with your google id and I will permissions for you to modify it ASAP
    2) If you dont want to edit it directly, please send me or other owners a PM with the details and we will update ASAP.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:49 am

Didnt actual realise you had one up and running Rob :oops:

Two things that spring to mind :-

1) its still very early days, and like many just didnt know it was up and running :oops:
2) not too keen having my Full Reg on there for all and sundry to see, see my post regarding Blingo Reg theft.

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

arsharpe

Postby arsharpe » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:37 am

Hi Chris,

Yes I did see your info on registration plates.

As the register instructions say, most things (including reg plate) is optional.

It sounds like I need to clarify this a little more and indicate that I can keep registration numbers separately.

Regards,
Rob

aminorjourney

Postby aminorjourney » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:57 am

I think Rob that you should keep the database private - then handle any local inquiries. That's at least what I'm doing with the CityEl one :)

Nikki.
Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield

EVangelist and Media Relations Coordinator, www.ZeroCarbonWorld.org
Host, www.transportevolved.com

http://about.me/aminorjourney/bio

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:06 am

Thats a good idea Nikki, then owners/members can enquire about the database for info :wink:

ChrisB

arsharpe

Postby arsharpe » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:59 am

I am confused now, unless Chris's posting was a joke.

You should be able to see the database without bothering to email the owner. Is that not the case now ?

Chris can you check that you can see the current database now.

Personally I would not like to have to keep responding to questions about owners, when it is easy to show that information as it is now.

Also, keeping the database private will not work any better, because I have only received one owners information. So technically, the current database is of 2 people :-(

I happy to update the database with information if/when I receive it.

Rob

qdos

Postby qdos » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:22 am

errrr I hate to be a spoil sport guys but isn't there a minefield called the Data Protection Act to consider ? :?

aminorjourney

Postby aminorjourney » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:40 am

Exactly.

The BVS has been very good at keeping the right information private. I think by having the register private you're more likely to get more people taking part! - Also, then if someone wishes to register with you but who doesn't want to have any Tom, Dick or Harriet (my middle name) contacting them then they don't have to worry about it.

Nikki.
Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield

EVangelist and Media Relations Coordinator, www.ZeroCarbonWorld.org
Host, www.transportevolved.com

http://about.me/aminorjourney/bio

Richard Elliott

Berlingo Register

Postby Richard Elliott » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:58 pm

I'm a bit of an old steam fuddy dud and computers are not my favourite thing. So, try as I might I can't see where to find the Berlingo Register - only this survey and reference to it and a google account whatever that is. Help!
Whilst on I do enjoy seeing the little emoticons but nowhere can I find how to stick one on my postings! Could have done with 'confused' just now!!

ChrisB

Re: Berlingo Register

Postby ChrisB » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:38 pm

Richard Elliott wrote:Whilst on I do enjoy seeing the little emoticons but nowhere can I find how to stick one on my postings! Could have done with 'confused' just now!!

You'll be needing this one then Richard :?

That one is the on the 2nd row from the top and 2nd one in from the left

ChrisB

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”