NISSAN DEALERS REFUSING CHARGE UPS !!

An area for the most popular EV in years, and her sisters
Flying John
Site Staff

NISSAN DEALERS REFUSING CHARGE UPS !!

Postby Flying John » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:40 pm

I know the forum is not heavily subscribed, but I feel the need to get the message out that NISSAN have changed their policy of allowing you to charge at the dealerships.

How do I know ?

Well I turned up at MOTORLINE in my Leaf as I was looking at a 2nd hand car for my wife. Bit low on range on the leaf I plugged into the Chademo fast charger.

I was told in no uncertain terms that this was for THEIR customers only and they would not allow me to charge. I questioned the "Sales director"! -who said they had received a memo addressed to all dealerships from NISSAN that it was at the dealers discretion on who to allow to charge - and was for people who bought their cars from them.

I explained that anyone buying a car from them probably lived in Medway and would charge at home, and the point of having the opportunity to fast charge at a dealership was for when you are away from home . This appeared to be completely lost on this employee and he stuck to his guns and said customers only.

I even pointed him at the sales blurb that says "nationwide fast chargers available at delaers", but he repeated the mantra, because they were paying for the electricity. I said it costs about a pound for a charge and asked if I could pay - still said no.

Moral of the story - BUY A TESLA !!!

timpootle

Re: NISSAN DEALERS REFUSING CHARGE UPS !!

Postby timpootle » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:37 am

Yes, the world is changing. Sad to hear the Nissan dealers are not supporting easier driving of EVs, but not entirely surprised.

It is quiet here, isn't it? I think everyone is on Facebook nowadays..
Tim Crumpton

Return to “Nissan LEAF, NV200”