2010 Citroen C1 VTR Electricity ELECTRIC CAR on eBay

Dedicated to the conversion sold by the now defunct Electric Car Company

Moderator: mattcarr

mikethebike3

2010 Citroen C1 VTR Electricity ELECTRIC CAR on eBay

Postby mikethebike3 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:42 pm

Got to be of interest to someone here!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2010-Citroen-C1-VTR-Electricity-ELECTRIC-CAR-/140926397787?ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:1123

Mike

P.S. Nothing to do with me, just spotted while browsing .....

mattcarr

Re: 2010 Citroen C1 VTR Electricity ELECTRIC CAR on eBay

Postby mattcarr » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:49 pm

I see this has sold already !!! Someone has got a bargain there.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Tue May 14, 2013 4:23 pm

Makes this broken one seem rather expensive :?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 1040570288

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

mikethebike3

Postby mikethebike3 » Wed May 15, 2013 12:30 pm

Presumably when the ad says "DAMAGED METAL COVER BEHIND BUMPER AND CONTROL UNIT THAT MOUNTS TO COVER, IGNITION TURNS ON BUT WON'T DRIVE AS IT NEEDS THE UNIT REPLACING", it's referring to a damaged BMS or motor controller? Expensive to replace if you can get parts at all I guess, but low mileage at 5566 is good.

How much technical info is actually available for these cars? I know the charger is an NG3 and the motor controller a Curtis 1238r, but the BMS is proprietary. Is it a reasonable prospect for a technically competent owner? I just love the fact that it's a conventional-looking, modern small car with AC drive and a LiFePO4 battery pack, but is it owner-maintainable?

Also a big thanks to Matt for his blog, very interesting and encouraging!

Mike

mattcarr

Postby mattcarr » Wed May 15, 2013 2:46 pm

Umm, yes it does seem a bit expensive for a damaged one. I know that my BMS set me back 900+ VAT and then 100's more to have it fitted.

This looks like the box will all of the bleed resistors for the BMS is damaged - so it may cost even more to have replaced and fixed - and that is assuming that this is all that has gone wrong.

One way to test is...... to unplug the BMS completely from the battery pack, and from the controller. The car should then at least drive. I know this as I did it one my car whilst the BMS was broken.

And Mike, thanks - I enjoy the C1 Ev'ie and hope that my blogs are of use. Also, I think the writeups by Grumpy and genawin are also usefull.

mikethebike3

Postby mikethebike3 » Wed May 15, 2013 3:54 pm

The large box with the twisted metal top right houses the main BMS board, so it's probably sustained damage to the board itself, and the box has been tampered with as the screws are out & the IDC connectors don't line up with the cutouts, also not good. Looks like the bleed resistor box has been deformed enough to cause a short (burn marks on the box?) which could also have damaged one or more cells and/or the BMS electronics. Shame that the only real damage is to the one proprietary subsystem also known to be tricky or impossible to replace - perhaps Grumpy could enlighten us?

It's probably a gem for the right person, but for me there are too many unknowns to take a punt at this price and I'm 200 miles away so not practical to take a look myself. Shame really, even the other half likes the colour better than our (very) yellow Seicento....

Mike

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Wed May 15, 2013 7:11 pm

They comment that it doesnt run. SO even with the BMS disconnected it should run. SO there has to be more than just the BMS. They are as Matt says expensive. I am awaiting (and waiting and waiting) for some repaired boards, but I am not holding my breath too hard. Bleed board is not really a problem, I have a spare of these.
If the front cover has been bent that badly then its possible other damage is ther as well. I would imagine the control box has been pushed back. They only just miss the gearbox as it is, so thats likely to need some work as well.
So front bumper, front bumper mounting underneath usually breaks as does the inner wing panels,bumper support, control box cover, BMS, Bleed unit That adds up to quite a bit. Thats always assuming there is nothing else. Unfortunately taking the fromnt control box out would be a time consuming task, so hopefully it could be levered forward. I can get the Metal covers and cases.they are about £100 for case and cover, and as Matt says BMS complete is about £1000 and needs to be set up and programmed (It has no software in it as supplied).

As for price. I have just sold one with some replaced cells same colour (Leather bits on the seats) clean bodywork, modified charger and my 12v battery monitor, 7000miles New MOT for £6500.
Grumpy-b

a. waterfield

Postby a. waterfield » Wed May 15, 2013 8:36 pm

Hi Everyone, I found this forum via looking into breathing life into this car. I've fancied an ev for a while but cost has always been too much, now seeing this it makes me nervous that it will be to costly to fix, clearly the asking price needs work but what would be the likely cost of electronic repair, the bodywork i can sort..

BMS 1000+Fitting
Bleed resistor box £
other items.?

flaninacupboard

Postby flaninacupboard » Thu May 16, 2013 11:57 am

When you can buy an OEM electric car for £9995 this C1 looks like a scary money pit in comparison. Personally I wouldn't go anywhere near it.

http://www.eco-cars.net/electriccarfors ... lproid=171

genawin

Postby genawin » Thu May 16, 2013 5:58 pm

mikethebike3 wrote:The large box with the twisted metal top right houses the main BMS board, so it's probably sustained damage to the board itself, and the box has been tampered with as the screws are out & the IDC connectors don't line up with the cutouts, also not good. Looks like the bleed resistor box has been deformed enough to cause a short (burn marks on the box?) which could also have damaged one or more cells and/or the BMS electronics. Shame that the only real damage is to the one proprietary subsystem also known to be tricky or impossible to replace - perhaps Grumpy could enlighten us

Why not just remove it and put the BVS (Pete Perkins) or mini BMS system on it ?

Return to “ECCPLC C1 ev'ie”