My Citroen C1 Ev'ie blog

Dedicated to the conversion sold by the now defunct Electric Car Company

Moderator: mattcarr

mattcarr

Re: My Citroen C1 Ev'ie blog

Postby mattcarr » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:59 pm

Being part of the BVS society I was invited to GoodWood to display my car on the 13th October at the Electrathon that was being held there. Now we decided to make a weekend of it and I booked a room at the Goodwood Hotel.

My missus had an appointment in Portsmouth on the saturday morning so we decided to throw the suitcase in the car and head onwards after visiting portsmouth. The drive to portsmouth was fairly boring and it wasn't long before the car was on charge at the NCP. 3 hours later we got back to a fully charged car and set of on the second leg of the trip. We wanted to have a mooch around chichester. It just so happened that Chargemaster had some charging points at the Chichester Waitrose. So we eventually located the charging points. Luckily enough one of the 4 charging bays was free. 2 were taken by ICE cars and one had a Nissan Leaf plugged in. So with the car on charge we walked in to Chichester.

We arrived at the Goodwood hotel later that afternoon. Unfortunately the hotel does not have any charging facilities - so my car sat in the carpark that night partially charged. The Sunday morning turned out to be a frosty one. With the car packed up we headed off to the Goodwood track.

I got to the BVS display and got the car on charge. With such a cold morning, and only having 60% SOC the pack voltage was sagging lots. So it was nice to know that we would get to charge up for the day.

I got to speak to lots of people about my car and also got to meet a few more members of the society.

Dennis was there with this Electrathon team and it was nice to see all of the youngsters ( not dennis !!!! ) having a great time and working very hard on their car.

The end of the day arrived and we headed off home. The car was fully charged when we set off back along the A27. We had an afternoon apointment in Portsmouth and the car had it's second visit to the NCP there for a top up charge.

All in all a great weekend.
Attachments
DSC_0153.JPG
DSC_0153.JPG (184.94 KiB) Viewed 18319 times
DSC_0152.JPG
DSC_0152.JPG (183.06 KiB) Viewed 18319 times
DSC_0151.JPG
DSC_0151.JPG (152.46 KiB) Viewed 18319 times
DSC_0150.JPG
DSC_0150.JPG (164.9 KiB) Viewed 18319 times
IMG_0273.JPG
A Nissan Leaf getting a charge at Waitrose in Chichester.
IMG_0273.JPG (159.4 KiB) Viewed 18320 times

mattcarr

Postby mattcarr » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:11 pm

So having had my little Citroen C1 Ev'ie for just over a year I can say that I am extreemly pleased with it.

When I got the car it had 6700 miles on the clock and I now have 13310.

I will attempt to keep this blog up to date week by week with details about the cars usage and information.

mattcarr

Postby mattcarr » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:41 pm

I did a few miles in the car yesterday. Had to go to Cosham, then to waterlooville then back down to Gosport. I got there and was able to nab a 30 minute top up charge at my mums before having to head to the cinema in Fareham. Now there are not any charging points in Fareham that I know of, and when I left my mums place I had 45% charge left. I know it takes about 10% charge to get to Fareham, then it would take another 10% to get back to mums. I decided to ask the Shop Mobility people if I could charge the car from their store. The shop mobility people have a large store and office on the ground floor of the multi story car park in Fareham. We drove in and parked as close as we could to the shop mo place and I jumped out of the car and asked the old gentleman looking after the mobility scooters if I could plug in as I was low on charge in the car. Much to my surprise he said, yes, if I had a lead that would reach in to their store. So I got out my long lead from the boot and plugged the car in. We then went to the cinema, had lunch and went back to the car - about 3 hours or so later. The car had got an extra 30% charge - I dropped a couple of quid in to their charity box as a thankyou. We then left to head back to Gosport. Now first thing in the morning the battery voltage was sagging alot as the weather was cold, but on the drive back to gosport the voltage was much stiffer - due to the nice 3 hour charge the car had just had. As I got back to mums I noticed that the pump on the heater was sounding slightly different - like it was running with no resistance and the heater in the car was no longer warm. So when we parked up, I put the car on charge and decided to have a peek in the heater resovoir. It was very low indeed. So I topped it up and tried the heater again. It sounded good and the car interior started to warm up again. I got a couple of hours charge at my mums before heading home. Once hom I put the car back on charge as we were heading out again that evening. When we went out the car voltage was really strong - totally different from when I set out first thing that morning. The car seems much nippier. When we got back at the end of the night I had covered 62.5 miles in the car that day.

Mileage at the end of the day was 13390.

mattcarr

Postby mattcarr » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:27 am

I am working away for a couple of weeks now so the. Car won't get much use. Mileage is now at 13464.

mattcarr

Postby mattcarr » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:13 am

I took my car out for a spin to see how it was, and after a couple of weeks say on the drive and the freezing weather the battery voltage sagged lots when i put my foot down. So I did a few miles in the car then brought it back to charge it up. We then did a few miles in to gosport where we got an hours charge then we went to portsmouth where we plugged the car in to the craswell NCP carpark to charge for a couple of hours. When we came back to the car there was a Nissan Leaf plugged in getting a charge. As my pack had been used and charged a couple of times in the day the pack had warmed up considerably and the pack voltage was much stiffer.

When we got back home the mileage was at 13509.

mattcarr

Postby mattcarr » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:48 pm

another week has passed by and my car has done a few miles. We went in to southampton today and parked in the Portland Terrace car park to take use of the Polar charging points. Be warned - this is probably the most expensive car park in Southampton - 4.75 for the first 2 hours then 7.50 for up to 4 hours.

I have done a bit of running around in the car and the milder weather has helped the battery. The voltage has been holding up nicely.

Mileage is 13597.

mattcarr

Postby mattcarr » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:03 pm

Well the freezing weather is here. I have noticed that the battery voltage is sagging under load, and having the heater on constantly doesn't help either. I am glad the heater does get the car toasty warm.

I have mainly just been running around in the car this week.

Milkeage is 13696

mattcarr

Postby mattcarr » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:44 pm

Not done too much in the car this week. Cold weather is still causing the voltage to sag a fair bit under load. Today has seen the car get lots of use and lots of charges. I have noticed that the pack has warmed up as the voltage is much stronger underload this evening. I must get a temperature gauge on the pack so I can see what temeratures they are.

Mileage is 13823

mattcarr

Postby mattcarr » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:39 am

Well, I only managed to rip my charging lead apart didn't I. Last saturday night i went out to pick up my missus. I was so engrossed in locating my destination on my phone, that I walked out of the house, unlocked the car and got in it. I then put my phone in it's holder and was busy with it, and so some strange reason I took my hand brake off. Now my driveway has a gentle slope on it and it wasn't until I heard the twang of the charging lead that i realised what had happened. Fortunately there was no damage to the car, just ripped the lead out from the plug on the end.

So a new plug for my lead has been ordered for me to fit :-)

Silly silly me.

mattcarr

Postby mattcarr » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:05 am

I have been adsent from the forums for a little while - lots of things been on the go - the main one being us moving house !!

Finally got my broadband installed and I am back online.

I have suffered a blackened charging lead which was the result of me using an old extension lead that was not very well put together. My car is still in use and the mileage is still slowly climbing. The cold weather is really impacting the battery pack and when the car is not used for a couple of days I really notice the voltage drop when it is next used.

I met a few Nissan Leaf and Vauxhall Ampera drives at Portsolent last week. Nice to see so many electric cars in one place and to get to talk to like minded people.

Mileage is 14642

Return to “ECCPLC C1 ev'ie”