ECCPLC have ceased trading

Dedicated to the conversion sold by the now defunct Electric Car Company

Moderator: mattcarr

mattcarr

ECCPLC have ceased trading

Postby mattcarr » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:39 am

I have been told that ECCPLC have now ceased trading and as such there is no support for the 160 or so cars that they converted to electric.

We hope that we can offer some support from forum members who have these cars. Please feel free to ask questions here, or just post some information about your car.

jonham1

Re: ECCPLC have ceased trading

Postby jonham1 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:39 pm

Hi Mattcar yes didn't have as much power after new BMS and regen has been the same since new,unfortunately evie died today went to local shops and on the way back lost the drive,can hear motor running but no traction,think it might be gearbox or clutch.Taken it to local garage and awaiting phone call to give me bad news.Wonder if anyone else has had similar problems?Yes I thought ECC had gone bust,trouble is there is nobody close to me to have a look at it,I seem to be the only one in the midlands to have a evie,thanks for help....john

mattcarr

Postby mattcarr » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:34 am

Hi John, sorry to hear about your car. I think you may find that the coupler between the motor and gearbox may have lost it's teeth. That will explain why you can hear the motor spinning but have no drive. I had this the other month on my car. Let your garage know that they should disconnect the 12v battery on the car as this will render it safe to work on. I have got some instructions on how to change the part but unfortunately I am not sure of where a part can be sourced. I will get the instructions typed up and added on to the forum in the next few days.

Matt

jonham1

Postby jonham1 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:44 am

Hi Matt

Thanks very much for the info,I told the garage to disconnect the battery and they say they have located a LOVEJOY COUPLER so hopefully I may get it back sometime next week.The garage know as much about my car as I do,but I am learning fast,I think so are they.The couplers don't seem to last very long do they car has only done 5k.Anyway Matt thanks again for all your help,will keep an eye on this forum. cheers John

jonham1

Postby jonham1 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:34 pm

Hi Matt

I will be very interested in those instruction's you have,in case it happens again, will ask my garage where they got the coupler from then I can post it on here so that if anyone else has the same problem they will know where to get them from,cheers Matt speak soon

John

mattcarr

Postby mattcarr » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:51 pm

I'll get the instructions for changing the couple typed up and online here as soon as I can.

jonham1

Postby jonham1 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:18 pm

Hi Matt

That's great,when you had the same problem as me any idea where your garage got the coupling from,only my garage is saying that it is having difficulty in getting one? Cheers

John

genawin

Postby genawin » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:51 am

I think Matt was lucky and managed to get the last one off the shelf at ECC , At the time i suggested he get an old clutch plate center and get someone to repair his old coupler with it and if he couldn't find anyone to do the job then send it to me , I'm happy to do the same for you if your stuck.

mattcarr

Postby mattcarr » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:27 pm

Here are the instructions for the Motor Coupling.

Ensure that the motor axel and coupling are free of grease and oil. Use a high strength loctite between the motor axel and coupling and on the grub screws. Fit the woodruf key to the axel and then press on the coupling to the axle. Remove any excess loctite. Drill the axel through the grub screw holes - just a couple of mm - this will allow the grub screws to lock in to the axel. Apply a lithium grease or something similair to the splines in the coupler before refitting the motor to the gearbox.

mattcarr

Postby mattcarr » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:29 pm

Hi genawin.

Nice to see you back on the forum. How's your car going - you still racking up the miles. I am thinking about changing out the weak cell in my pack, and when this is done I would like to "tweak" the setting for my controller. I like the sound of having a bit more power available at higher speeds - and I may think about increasing the top speed by putting the max RPM limit up a few 100 rpm's.

What are you doing for heat in your car at the moment - you got anything rigged up?

Return to “ECCPLC C1 ev'ie”