Some of these feature requests appeared on page #1,
others were gleaned from older posts, understandably some might be more suitable for V4..
- support for gfx display, very interesting mix of info-tabs and visualization shown in this example, apart from neat display arrangement, his very idea of "on the fly" BMS data export into older inexpensive touchscreen pda via serial, which also allows for data recording is quite interesting (recycling at its best).. In the same vein, it can be also based on brand new/more readable display mio M400, there are some projects for this as well, using it as frontend for opensource applications, look for "LK8000", it's basically mutliboot enabled firmware, so you can reverse back for stock auto navigation or reverse it for warranty reasons etc. http://hr-ev.blogspot.com/2010/05/3e-ec ... ctric.html
(scroll down for video sample)
pda emulator prototyping: http://hr-ev.blogspot.com/2009/05/bcms- ... boxes.html
Mio M400: http://www.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en ... =&gs_rfai=
- delayed charging/relay, not only for the nightly rate savings scheduling, it also might serve as battery life enhancer, as per little Tesla's secret, you should not grow habit of leaving your ev pack fully charged sitting idly for hours (even at 80-90% SOC), that's killing prematurely lots of calendar life in lithium, ideally the pack should be left ~half depleted most of the time, and charged before the ride with a couple of minutes to level off (protect hard regen w. full pack scenario). Now the question is how to integrate it with some timer function either on the master board or with/without existing-commercial product external timer unit or its modification, what's most preferable approach?
- additioanal relay output control for temp management (heating,cooling)
Also Peter mentioned couple of months ago:
- "A BCM Interceptor (This is an RS485 interface specifically for the Honda Insight"
- "An ODBII connection so that data from the car can be displayed on BMS screen."
Especially on the last one, that's very good point, integrating these other operational values would be mostly usefull for various phev mods/kits, for instance think the Engineer kit for HSD/Toyota or the IMA in Honda, or any future hybrid standard, like the upcomming diesel based from frenchies.
For that, you might check the eccomodder forums, "openduino" related threads in the [instrumentation section], these guys have opensource canbus software and hw for vehicle monitoring, and not only for passive displays but also submiting clearing error codes on the canbus etc., their site should provide great start.