Old BMS Hardware Thread

Threads relating to the BMS system begun by Peter Perkins

Moderators: GregsGarage, retepsnikrep

isaac_alaska1

Re: Old BMS Hardware Thread

Postby isaac_alaska1 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:28 pm

thanks greg, i'll get this in a couple hours, i'm in class right now.

GregsGarage

Postby GregsGarage » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:10 pm

I've just read out the config bits and from one of my working slaves. Config 0CD4
Greg Fordyce

Daewoo Matiz
http://www.evalbum.com/4191

isaac_alaska1

Postby isaac_alaska1 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:31 am

well that seems to be exactly the problem. i plugged in the working pics onto the "bad" slave board and all of a sudden it works. not sure why i didn't think of that before....i guess i was thinking 'well the software file is the same so the microcontroller will act identical" but clearly i was wrong :roll:

thanks Greg!

glyndwr1998

Postby glyndwr1998 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:14 pm

Hi all,

Is there any chance anyone could point me in the right direction of setting up the master / cell boards.

I only intend using 1 16 cell slave board, from a kit I got from Greg, but of course this kit was being used by Greg in his ev.

So, I need to set up the bms for only 16 cells, and I have no idea how to wire up the switch or how to command or use the switch.
I have read through many many pages of the old and new bms pages plus software pages, I've found reference to the switch and a jpg of the switch built up on the switch board but not how to connect it to the master board, which pins the 3 wires from the switch connect to

Also, any reference how to use the switch.
Will the switch allow access to the program to alter the number of cells manually via the switch without having to reprogram the master board.
Any help greatly appreciated.
Anthony.

Return to “BMS thread”