What vehicle is it going to be for you in 2009?

Do you own or use a EV. Then this is a good place to discuss things.
aminorjourney

What vehicle is it going to be for you in 2009?

Postby aminorjourney » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:22 pm

Hi folks,

It seems that there's going to be quite a few EVs launched later on this year. By the start of 2009 I think there's going to be quite a good choice in the UK for anyone wanting an EV.

What vehicle are you looking forward to owning?

For me, the money is on the Th!nk. Now I just need to figure out how I can afford the 370 or so per month I'd need to pay off the combined four-year finance and £100 a month battery lease!

Nikki.
Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield

EVangelist and Media Relations Coordinator, www.ZeroCarbonWorld.org
Host, www.transportevolved.com

http://about.me/aminorjourney/bio

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:49 pm

Another berlingo :roll: 8) or maybe a smart ED

I'd like a th!nk but would like to see some more tests done first, as with the Smart ED really, also I'd prefer to buy 2nd hand as buying new in my book is always such a waste of money :(

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Badger

Postby Badger » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:31 pm

The new smith electric Edison would do quite nicely for carting about tools and joinery .. you never know!
you are more possible than you can powerfully imagine.

www.woodrum.co.uk

MB

Postby MB » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:39 am

I went to see an old contact of mine yesterday who runs an electric vehicle design and manufacturing business.

Of course, it would have been rude not to go and play with some of the vehicles currently in development :D so I took up the offer to drive a couple of vehicles, one with Li Pol batteries.

Obviously, I can't give any details of what is coming but there are some very exciting developments and the target prices are very, very sharp.

Forget the Th!nk at £14K plus £150 a month. I'm talking about prices that are comparable to an equivalent ICE car.

The first of these cars will be coming out this August and the second one next year.

qdos

Postby qdos » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:55 am

Excellent! If you're able to get a scoop please send it to me for Plugged In or better still tell him to contact me so we can go and do a write up :)

MB

Postby MB » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:18 pm

Already sorted.

I should have a good write-up for the next magazine. I presume the next edition is going to be late July/early August? If so, that should be about the time I'm allowed to write about all this stuff.

Meanwhile, have you noticed how many new electric vehicles are being launched next week at the Commerical Vehicle show?

Stevens, Aixam, Smiths and Piaggio are all launching new all-electric vehicles at the show. Plus I'm expecting some interesting announcements by a couple of other companies.

I'll be at the show on Tuesday and possibly also on Thursday, depending on how much of the show I get done on the first day.

qdos

Postby qdos » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:06 pm

That'll be great Mike.

Yes more and more companies are seriously getting into electric powered vehicles and we're not just talking quirky cars and the token delivery vehicle. Keep watching the main website as we'll post items there as we come across them. But lets just say VW, Volvo, Mercedese, Renault, Nissan, Subaru and of course GM are all looking to launch electric powered and hybrids soon. It's most definately an exciting time for EVs and perhaps a return to the beginning of the last century is on the cards. yes at the beginning of the 1900s there were more electric vehicles on the roads than ICEs

Look out for Plugged In landing on your door mats in the next week or so, as there's some articles in there which will show where the future of car design is looking to. :D

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:36 pm

MikeBoxwell wrote:
Forget the Th!nk at £14K plus £150 a month. I'm talking about prices that are comparable to an equivalent ICE car.

The first of these cars will be coming out this August and the second one next year.

8) Now your talking 8) keep us up to speed with develpments and of course I am available for testing purposes and if they need someone to evaluate a vehicle you know I'm only a PM away :wink: :lol:

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

loonyLambeth

Postby loonyLambeth » Fri May 30, 2008 12:27 am

MikeBoxwell wrote:I went to see an old contact of mine yesterday who runs an electric vehicle design and manufacturing business.

Of course, it would have been rude not to go and play with some of the vehicles currently in development :D so I took up the offer to drive a couple of vehicles, one with Li Pol batteries.

Obviously, I can't give any details of what is coming but there are some very exciting developments and the target prices are very, very sharp.

The first of these cars will be coming out this August and the second one
next year.

Is it the Watt Eco range ?

Return to “Cars,Vans and other road vehicles”