Hyundai AC Motor / Controller - HELP Please

Do you own or use a EV. Then this is a good place to discuss things.
esbro

Hyundai AC Motor / Controller - HELP Please

Postby esbro » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:52 pm

Hello Everyone, I'm fairly new to posting stuff, but this is a plea for help.
I have a 25/90 kw Hyundai motor and its 90 kw controller ( from a Sainsbury's Transit delivery van).
The motor looks very nice and runs smoothly by hand, but the controller (Enovo) has 3 rectangular 30 pin plugs of unknown (to me) purpose, with a lot of cut off wires sticking out.
Has anyone an idea what these are for, or have a wiring diagram or know where I can find out ?
To me this all looks to be a nice bit of kit for my conversion and any advice would be most welcome.

Many thanks ..... when I find out how to attach photos I'll post some.

skooler

Re: Hyundai AC Motor / Controller - HELP Please

Postby skooler » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:55 am

As far as I am aware none of the Enova stuff has been reverse engineered so will be very difficult to get running. - This is why it was sold so cheap.

It is quite a physically large unit and also runs at a peculiar voltage (288v) which doesn't lend itself too well to conversion.

I know from the brief look we have had at them that it requires a CAN message set to be present in order to run.
Posts by Mike Schooling
Director and tech lead at indra.co.uk

Mazda RX8, Soliton Jr, 24KWH Sinopoly LiFePO4, Kostov 11alpha
http://www.diyelectriccar.com/forums/sh ... 61556.html

esbro

Postby esbro » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:40 am

Hi Skooler, sorry this has taken some time to reply to and thanks for your
Since posting my plea for help, I have found out exactly what you said and, this seems to have been a bad buy. However there are a couple of blokes out there who have come up with replacements for the fiddly bits. These basically by-pass the logic and driver boards with newer and yes, much smaller PCBs - i think that will be my route from here as there are lots of good quality parts in there.
My retirement project (well, one of them) is to convert my Mercedes B200 CDI. It's getting a bit long in the tooth now, but apparently the 'A' and 'B' class models were designed to be electric.
The only other major hurdle will be the ECU, although I'm coming round to the fact that it may not be as difficult as I'd imagined.
I'll post any information / photos as things progress ( or otherwise).

David Arthur

Postby David Arthur » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:54 pm

Hi esbro Cant say i will be of much use electronics wise, but i do have a Smiths Edison van complete and on the road, if your not to far away, you can come and look over mine, ime in Warrington Cheshire, or if your to far away i will try to ask any questions, but most of the loom looks like spaghetti to me. I had seen a lot of stuff info re on the controller, on diy electric car forum, check it out. yours Dave

Return to “Cars,Vans and other road vehicles”