Beryl - Bradshaw FB2

Do you own or use a EV. Then this is a good place to discuss things.
Night Train

Beryl - Bradshaw FB2

Postby Night Train » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:41 pm

I am about to acquire Beryl, the Bradshaw FB2 my wife used to drive when she worked for St Nicholas Fields in York.
Beryl.jpg
Beryl.jpg (110.31 KiB) Viewed 35507 times

Beryl is in pretty poor shape, batteries are lead and dead, chassis is very rusty, and tyres are solid rubber.
We were over over in York last week and began to dismantle the rear body for reuse on their replacement vehicle, a Goupil G3 wide chassis.
Beryl Dismantle.jpg
Beryl Dismantle.jpg (104.75 KiB) Viewed 35507 times

I will have the rest of Beryl to refurbish back to road worthiness. Beryl is road legal but I want to switch to pneumatic tyres and increase the speed from 15mph to 30mph. I will have to rebuild a lot of the chassis to replace the rotten sections.

As I have a 48V lithium battery pack waiting to go in the tractor I decided to put that in a portable box to use to move Beryl, and also as a swappable pack between Beryl and the tractor. I am hoping to increase the pack to 72V at a later date for both vehicles. In the meantime the portable pack will be used to move Beryl out of St Nick's for loading onto my trailer.
DSC02490a.jpg
DSC02490a.jpg (104.08 KiB) Viewed 35507 times

I just need a charger now.

Night Train

Re: Beryl - Bradshaw FB2

Postby Night Train » Sun May 03, 2015 8:38 pm

Beryl is now on my driveway! :D
DSC02635a.jpg
DSC02635a.jpg (130.23 KiB) Viewed 35320 times

She was not easy to move as her brake pads were rusted onto the discs and there was an electrical fault I couldn't resolve insitu when we plugged in the battery pack.

We ended up hand winching her out of her parking space inside St Nicks and then having to push her into my trailer with the Goupil as the hand winch just wasn't up to pulling her up the ramps.

I have now installed an electric winch inside the trailer.

willfromsussex

Re: Beryl - Bradshaw FB2

Postby willfromsussex » Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:22 pm

I have one of these, I don't suppose you have any good contacts for spares? I need a throttle module.

Return to “Cars,Vans and other road vehicles”