Peugeot ION offers

Do you own or use a EV. Then this is a good place to discuss things.
Richard Elliott

Peugeot ION offers

Postby Richard Elliott » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:38 pm

I recently bought an ION to supplement my Berlingo, which is getting a bit long in the tooth. The ION is a super little car - very nippy and shoots up hills as if they aren't there. Mine was two years old and very low mileage. Search the net and you will find some stunning offers - around a third of the new price. But make sure the range is near what it should be - they may have been sat around somewhere which may not do the Li-Ion power pack any favours.
Richard Elliott

subevo

Re: Peugeot ION offers

Postby subevo » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:22 pm

Yes saw some around the £10,000 mark. Is it better than a leaf for the same money secondhand?

Personally I think it looks ugly .any car I like ,I show to the wife and the face she pulls says it all.

I think I will wait til the ampera comes down in price.at least it looks ok.wife agrees.

Richard Elliott

Re: Peugeot ION offers

Postby Richard Elliott » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:57 pm

Yes, not the best looker in the world but my wife likes it because its smaller than the Leaf which is even bigger than our Meriva which she definitely dislikes around the narrow streets and lanes of Devon! We used to have an old style Agila which she liked and was about the same size as the Ion. You can put loads straight in the back of the Ion without a big lip to the boot (which the Leaf has) and with the back seats down it gives a good useable space. Goes like a rocket. Charges off the solar panels on the house if I'm lucky. I notice the garage where I bought it have just lopped another £1k off the prices!

Return to “Cars,Vans and other road vehicles”